Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't seem to find the part number for the fuel filter on the rear of the intake i can see its a wix filter but i can't see the number. if someone could get me the part number for the fuel filter on rear of intake that would be awesome!

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
WIX 86124 or WIX 33124

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Your other posts say you have an 84, that should only be a box filter on the firewall. :confuzeld

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do own a 84 it has been swapped over to the spin on filter but it also has the filter on the back of the intake too:think:

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
i do own a 84 it has been swapped over to the spin on filter but it also has the filter on the back of the intake too:think:
As stated 82/83 spin on filter setup uses two filters Primary on firewall Napa/Wix 33123 and secondary on the rear of the intake 33124. If they insist on looking up a vehicle because they have only half a brain just tell them it's an 83 chev 6.2 diesel c code engine will be fine if they ask. Or visit Rockauto.Com. BTW Only purchase Wix or Napa which is a wix filter. Fram and house brands are junk and we just had a complaint of a cheap house brand primary filter leaking from the drain.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
..... BTW Only purchase Wix or Napa which is a wix filter. Fram and house brands are junk and we just had a complaint of a cheap house brand primary filter leaking from the drain.
Not to derail this thread, but i find it funny that everyone always says Fram filters are ****! (be it oil or fuel), yet i've never used anything but their filters, and have never had any issues.

*incase anyone forgot, factory box filter set-up on Belle

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
We ran them for a long long time on our 454 and it's still alive and healthy at 150k miles. Just because they work doesn't mean they're good :p

The way I look at it, it's like buying Harbor Freight tools. Most of the time you're fine using them, but the chances of one of them breaking/not doing their job at any one time is greater than that of better tool. But don't get me wrong, I own plenty of HF stuff, just not critical tools, or things that spin if I can help it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts