Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and regards from the rusty northern hemisphere.
I need to find out what these parts are called.
You should be able to see the broken clip(?) at the end of the leaf spring. The other part I doubt need explaining 馃馃槄.

Thanks for the help!

Administrator
pic #1 leaf spring shackle
pic#2 leaf spring clamp

Reactions: pahl

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
pic #1 leaf spring shackle
pic#2 leaf spring clamp
The shackle seems to be the part where the leaf spring is mounted. I need to replace the part that mounts to the frame. What is that part called?
One more pic attached from the other side, which is in even worse shape....

Registered
Discussion Starter #7

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!
I assumed this would have been a widely available part as it seems so prone to rust. It's like a cup just sitting there waiting for the relentless rusting to take place.
Found a few possible matches, but need to keep digging to ensure that I get the right one.
Don't want to lose height etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10

Ronald Reagan fan
Rockauto should have them as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Expensive to own these trucks outside of the States. I saw quite a few offered at roughly 100$ per pair. Here I need to pay 140鈧 a piece plus freight :sick:.
The good side is I'll have thenm tomorrow morning.

Registered
Look very carefully at your rear axle u-bolts. I've a 1993, K2500, 6.5, 4x4. One u-bolt broke, caused the truck to jolt, drive shaft come out of the transfer case, came to a sudden stop. Was only going 30mph, if faster I likely would have died. All U-bolts where rusted to about 1/2 the size of my little finger and the saddles were shot. This also broke one of the leaf springs. Take a look, you might be shocked.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
And for the problem that started this work. The hanger's provided locally weren't a direct fit (Dorman 722-008). I suspected this to be the case, but our local US truck part dealer stated differently so I ordered them.
With a bit of work in they went. Good to have handy people around!

Registered
Pahl,
I'm very glad for you, my u-blots where half this size. We need to let all owners know of this problem, and serious consequences.

Where is the best place to post this info?
John

Administrator
Where is the best place to post this info?
John
When members have a similar issue they can use the Community search function located at the top of your screen.
When searched, this thread will appear and members can view it.
(y)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts