Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, this all escalated quickly... So my daughter drove the truck (06 LLY) parked it and used the parking brake... I never do. So I drove away with it on... noticed a little funky in the shift but nothing major, about 4 miles down the road the abs engages as I pull to a stop and she is stuck in like 3rd gear, abs light and parking brake light are flashing, I pull the parking brake lever, and it says service brake system. I have no speedo, no gear indicator, but do have tach. I have an Edge CS, I pull the codes , clear them, and am able to drive for a second as normal, then it goes back to limp then starts switching between normal and limp.

I have pulled the TCM, dielectric greased the pins, looked for any visible cuts in wires, cleaned the ground beneath the driver door. No change.

I can clear the codes and within 5 seconds the U0101 and DIC Service Brake System with P brake and ABS light are all back.

I also checked the wheel bearing its tight...

I am at my wits end with this thing...

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
parking brake isn't going to mess up the ABS. I don't believe there are any wheel sensors for the rear on your truck (my '04 doesn't), just on the front.

Driving with the parking brake on just wears them out, and maybe overheats the disc brake (as the parking drum brake is inside the disc brake), maybe the hub seal fails and it takes more power from the engine to go forward.

You need to figure out why that U0101 code is happening. Short of the parking brake cable just happening to wrap around the harness to the tcm, your use of the parking brake is unrelated to it.

And maybe get a better code reader, that can read the ABS code

·
Premium Member
17,905 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Inspected the harness going from the TCM to the fuse box... no abrasions or rub throughs... I did not get to it yesterday so it sat... got in this am... all was good.. drove it 1 mile... all codes and lights came back. YAY:thumbsdow

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one of my batteries is a bit low... 12.38 and dropping... I remember that I charged the battery when I was working on it two days ago just as a try this... may be that be the issue? I am going to go get them load tested...

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
If the alternator is working, that is unlikely to be the problem.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
You aren't having an overall power problem, the U0101 is lost communication to the tcm. Really, as long as the alternator is working, ie, putting out 13+V when the truck is running, it's fine.

power, ground, cabling and connectors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts