Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, when cold and the truck sits overnight my park lights will not work. Usually after some time they will come back on. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Only seems to happen when its below -10degC or so. Truck is a 2004 GMC duramax 2500hd. Had a remote start, and in the process of trying to figure this out i've disconnect it from the park light circuit. I've also replaced the main relay thinking that might have been the cause. both the front and rear park lights go out, and will not turn on even with the switch. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
an update.. after leaving the truck outside for the last two days the brand new batteries were run down, and now the dash flickers on and off for about 3-5mins before fully turning on. All this seems to happen since it got cold. Last winter the lights would do the same thing, and were fine for the summer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
def check the alternator, autozone or other auto shops will test it for free.

also, if you don't drive the truck much during the cold months, go for a longish drive (20mins) and then park it and see how it does after a couple days in the cold.

if you are doing a cold start and then shutting it off shortly after, you aren't giving the battery time to recharge, and storing a battery with a low charge can reduce the battery's ability to fully charger thereafter... or at least that is how it is with most rechargeable electronic batteries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.