Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of waiting for OD to kick in on the highway. Engine warms up fine with the block heater but the tranny takes a good 15 minutes. Has anyone installed a pan heater on their truck for heating the transmission?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Go see John Kennedy site. He has pan heaters. Give him a call, he surely has some insight.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I can tell you from experience, the tranny pan heater doesn't help much on shifting into overdrive.

·
Registered
377 Posts
All you need to do is get a small pad heater from any auto part store and rtv it to the bottom of your tranny pan. Thats how they winterize all the stuff here in Alaska. I do agree with ob_1jr "the tranny pan heater doesn't help much on shifting into overdrive."

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Frozen_Sierra;1595913; said:
All you need to do is get a small pad heater from any auto part store and rtv it to the bottom of your tranny pan. Thats how they winterize all the stuff here in Alaska. I do agree with ob_1jr "the tranny pan heater doesn't help much on shifting into overdrive."
That's the same type of heater that we have. I've had good response from it. You might want to consider covering the external cooler if it's really cold. My 07 trans temps run VERY cold, even with the cold front on as there's a lot of airflow through this cooler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts