Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already painted the lower front valance black and I like it a lot...wondering if anyone with a black truck has painted the middle chrome section black?? (so its a completely black front bumper) and if so, pics??

Heres what I was thinking of doing...the turbos done so im bored and need another truck project.):h

--Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ben, you need to be the pioneer so I can follow in your footsteps...
;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had to have that part replaced because of rust and when I was at the dealer I was just going to have them order me the unchromed one so I could paint it, but I got to busy to deal with it and had them just put the chrome one on. Keep us updated on how it goes, because i wish it matched my truck as well.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Look at the Avalanche in my garage. I had the front and rear bumpers powdercoated black.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
im bored and need another truck project.):h
Let's see, you could:
- Figure out what all it's gonna take to disable the VVT stuff on a LLY for yourself and McRat.
- Work on catching Tony's moonshine, or how to make your current tunes faster
- since you have a shop at work and could weld you could build tracion bars and spring clamps
- get a job at the cafeteria or something at school
- study harder and make your parents proud that you are a 4.0 student
- or last get a girlfriend

Just some ideas to pass along.................;)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
adam that was a good one. ben get a girl to screw arround with an not your truck. :joke: just messing with you

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I thought about doing that but think it will chip and show the chrome.

I think I am going to linex mine along with the entire lower panels and flares and back bumper. Truck is grey - linex black will give a two tone look. It will go with my black teflon wheels.

Camper mirrors will be black once I replace the OEMS. My goal is to have no chrome anywhere.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
TBB-
Im working on the VVT disable. So far ive diagnosed and tracked down 3 out of the 4 DTC's that set. Right now I only get a P0045. Originally I got 4 DTC's.

Tunes ive looked a little at, but really dont have enough time to mess around with them a lot.

Dont really see a need for traction bars...yet ;)

I have never done well in school, and I do study and I do try hard. I meet with my teachers after school every other day to at least show them that I am trying and that I care, even tho I may not do very well...its just always been incredibly hard for me to learn stuff that I dont have an interest in. its some problem I have that there is a complicated name for but I forget.

girls have never liked me no matter what I do. beleive me ive tried. they only like me when I fix their crap cause theyre so stupid that they break everything. If there is some reason how all the frikkin idiot guys I know who do nothing productive with their lives and are just overall a$$holes still get girls...if there is something I am missing, please fill me in...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I smell what your step'n in Ben

·
Registered
612 Posts
I thought about doing that but think it will chip and show the chrome.

I think I am going to linex mine along with the entire lower panels and flares and back bumper. Truck is grey - linex black will give a two tone look. It will go with my black teflon wheels.

Camper mirrors will be black once I replace the OEMS. My goal is to have no chrome anywhere.
Had the powdercoated bumpers for almost a year, not one chip.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Go check out my brother's garage. Twotone is his username here. He painted his the other day. Not sure how well it will last because he just scuffed the bumper and hit it with a spray can. Looks good though...

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
If there is some reason how all the frikkin idiot guys I know who do nothing productive with their lives and are just overall a$$holes still get girls...if there is something I am missing, please fill me in...
Sounds like you have filled yourself in on that one ;)

On a serious note, I was just handing out some ideas, I am bored as hell myself and can't wait to get things back to normal. Unfortunetly I can't be in the garge tinkering, wait maybe that is fortunate for the wallet? :rolleyes:

Good to hear that you are getting the codes figured out, once there is a pedastal kit available the turbo possibilities will be endless.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:D Thanks TBB... yeah Ive just been pretty busy the past couple days, its kinda hard to think about the truck with everything else thats going on.

I think for now im almost tempted just to do a "rattlecan special" job on the chrome part of the bumper. It worked for the lower front valance! Krylon Fusion plastic paint...its holding up like a champ and cost 6 dollars!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Dont really see a need for traction bars...yet ;)
Oh and I forgot in the last post, you hang around with Tony I think that they would be a good investment. Moonshine can make you do some crazy things, once you see why some refer to it as Jet Fuel you will never be the same.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
do a "rattlecan special" job on the chrome
:eek: It's a truck man, it deserves it's chrome. For all the more they put on them anymore............. Might look cool though, just remember that song "Chrome" and the punch line, "her favorite color is CHROME"

but then ricers don't have any chrome on them and women stick to them things like glue:mad:

So I don't have a clue, worth a shot at the paint, might look cool. Then again if you don't like it it's gonna be a royal PITA to undo.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmmm yeah...Chrome is a funny song :lol:

I think I might mask it off completely, and paint it...just to see how it looks. Then if I like it, I can take the tape off and paint it!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Meh I'd rather not have chrome... I was gonna paint mine but I plan to build a bumper so I figured why bother.. My brother's painted bumpers look nice though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts