Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my truck got an ouchy this last weekend, and now the whole right side has to be repainted.

I'd like to paint the door handles (have the body shop do it), because they have to take them out anyways.

Is it possible to get paint to stick and hold onto the stock "rough" door handles, or do I need to get some "smooth" ones so that paint will stick to it?

cadman_ks

·
Registered
79 Posts
No, the paint won't stick very well unless they sand them down smooth. For the labor that it's going to cost to smooth them down, just buy some smooth handles and have them paint them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason,

I thought that you used to offer the smooth ones, but I couldn't find them on your web site, or was I looking in the wrong place?

cadman_ks

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Pendlum said:
Yes, we still offer them we just haven't added them to the website yet.

Email me and I'll look them up.

How about tailgate handles ??

Black/chrome ...

Mac

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can paint the plastic handles, no problem. (thats why I AM THE FINISHMAN). Your body shoop can use a product from SEM that is a sealer that sticks to the plastic then they paint over it. I use this product to paint PVC pipe for the diplay and show biz and it does work. Cas

·
Registered
432 Posts
Go to a Caddy dealer and get the Escalade buckets 2001/2002 with the chrome handle. They all come black and are not pre-painted. Cost is $35 each. Best deal you will ever get ona caddy part. They are smooth and easy to paint and also easy to install (well except for that one nut) LOL

Good Luck

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
You can get em prepainted.

Or if you dont want the chrome you can get all color handles.

They make a black painted/chrome tailgate handle thats a direct swap for an 03? Might have to get one of those....I need some more "bling"

·
Registered
340 Posts
Anyone know where to find the best price on a full set of Pewter door handles with chrome handle????

I used to find them on ebay but now its only the front set. Any info would be great. I really want a set A.S.A.P.!!!!

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts