Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to purchase 4 exterior summit white tahoe door handles to replace the black ones' on my new truck when it comes in. Does anyone know if I can purchase an aftermarket white handle for the rear tailgate? I will probably have to have the stock black painted white.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Don't want to discourage you .... but .... my wife's Chrysler van has the same type of white painted door handles and after four years the driver's and passenger recesses behind the handles are completly scratched from fingernails.

I have to admit that I was glad that my truck had the black plastic handles.
Will probably never show wear.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sonny Bear----where did you buy your new handles, and did you have to get a new key? thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
I also want to have my handles painted white... I think it makes it more "classy" lookin...

Anyhow, let's hear it? anyone know where to get the handles?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I did a little more research and the cost for the handles for the crew cab is about $200.00 total. If you want the rear tailgate to match, that will cost about $100.00 to paint it. If you do not do the labor yourself, the cost is $90.00 per door and $90.00 for the tailgate. That brings the total to about $750.00! Yes, you can save labor by doing it yourself, and I have seen the procedure posted, but I prefer the pros to do something like this. I have since reconsidered and have decided not to buy the white door handles or paint the tailgate. It would look much nicer, but, the cost in my mind is prohibitive. The Tahoe handles are the ones that will will work on the Silverado.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I don't know about white, but I believe the tailgate handle for the sierra c3 can be ordered painted. I know you can get it in pewter. Sierra denali is also a possibility, though I can't recall if they are body colored or not...

Ty

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stand corrected. The Sierra Denali will match perfectly and the tailgate and handles can be ordered in any Denali color.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
IT'S A TRUCK NOT A DENALI.

TRUCKS ARE FOR WORK.

I know what ever u like

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have always ordered a set of smooth handles froma Denali or Suburban and had a body shop paint them the color of the truck. Never had any problems with the paint. Didnt need to buy new locks, they use the old ones.

·
Registered
194 Posts
How much? Th at is my next change to my truck. Where did you buy the handles? Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
you can buy the handles at any GM dealer and have any body shop paint them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello Guys,

My wife works for Chevrolet and got me the door handles and tail-gate handle with the surround. I will try and get the part numbers for you. I have a pewter truck and they match perfectly, I will try and get the numbers for the white truck......back soon.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey, please get me some of those part numbers, i would love to get a set. thanks

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I will offer painted handles on my website, I expect them to be 50.00 ea. I will also have the escalade style handles which feature the color matched bucket and the chrome handle. I will research the tailgate handles

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Try Silverado SS or Sierra Denali for factory painted tailgate handles...I think between the two of them they cover all the colors.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought Escalade door handles for my truck on EBay. I got a pretty good deal. My truck is red, so I had to have them painted. When I was waiting for my truck to get serviced I stopped by the parts counter and asked about tailgate latches. I ordered a red latch that must be off an SS. It matches just fine, and was only $5 more than a new black one to have painted (can't remember the exact price). I don't remember all the colors, but there were several available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The handles are prepainted and cost nowhere near $90.00. Try GMpartsdirect.com...but you will need a part number, EX: white, right side #15015469...$26.14, plus S&H...Check with your dealer and for the part numbers for your color...have your color code handy...To my knowledge, you would be ordering Tahoe/Yukon parts, as I believe they are the ones painted to match the vehicle.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
ERIC / DMAXALLITECH

You still haven't gotten back with me on that belt tensioner, I don't want to get stranded somewhere...

Thanks,

Pepperidge

1 - 20 of 21 Posts