Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
im thinking about installing the recon cab lights on my truxk. i just wasnt sure with the wiring and drilling since I dont have factory cab lights lol.
Yeah its a little scary at first to drill into the cab. But its just metal ;)

Wanna do mine next?
Hell no!! It was a lot bigger job than I even planned for..LOL

great job. was wondering how you got in between the bed and cab? or is it still silver?
I actually used satin black rattle can paint to get in betwen the bed and cab. I was wayy to lazy to remove the bed..LOL

·
Registered
460 Posts
I love it. That is a helluva dam good paint job imo. I am trying to sell my truck but may have to do some body work and paint it to sell it but then..... I wont want to sell it!!! So you used no primer? I guess since scuffing the paint it ought to bond good.

Good job, you are about to cost me more money on my truck. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
274 Posts
What type of grill do you have on the truck? Did you also paint this black or was it black already?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I love it. That is a helluva dam good paint job imo. I am trying to sell my truck but may have to do some body work and paint it to sell it but then..... I wont want to sell it!!! So you used no primer? I guess since scuffing the paint it ought to bond good.

Good job, you are about to cost me more money on my truck. :rolleyes:
LOL..glad I could inspire you ;)

What type of grill do you have on the truck? Did you also paint this black or was it black already?
Its a Putco Punch grille, originally the grille surround was chrome, but I plasti-dipped it black

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks for the info on the grille. Where did you get it from or what is the part number? I looked for this online but can't find this. Is this an overlay or do you need to cut or remove the factory grille? Truck looks awesome by the way!! Also where did you get the tinted head lights?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the info on the grille. Where did you get it from or what is the part number? I looked for this online but can't find this. Is this an overlay or do you need to cut or remove the factory grille? Truck looks awesome by the way!! Also where did you get the tinted head lights?

Hmm, your right about the grille. I did a search and couldnt come up with that grille anymore. But I have had my grille for over 4 years, so they might not make it anymore. It is a full grille that replaces the entire factory grille.
The tinted headlights and markers I got off ebay..also got the tinted fog lights off ebay.
Thanks again for the compliments! :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
nice job that stuff can be a ***** to spray

·
Registered
433 Posts
I love black trucks an you made a good choice on spraying it flat black. It looks real good. If I painted my truck I think I would do it flat. The shine is so hard to keep. Great job on painting it yourself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Since last update, I added factory towing mirrors, plastidipped the centercaps and lugs black, blacked out the factory 2500 emblems, added an Iron Cross front bumper, and bought a used camper shell off Craigslist then painted it Hot Rod Satin Black like the truck... and added a roof rack to the top...not I can switch beween the bed cover or the shell when I need to.
Here are some new pics.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
When did they start putting yellow marker lights on the factory towing mirrors?

·
Registered
353 Posts
They never did, the mirrors are aftermarket . Those marker lights sure look nice though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What a complete package done really well! My hats off. Did you paint under the hood too?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
When did they start putting yellow marker lights on the factory towing mirrors?
My bad...I should have said factory style towing mirrors...LOL
You can find the ones with the signal in the glass or the ones like i have with the signal on the outer edge...the ones like I have are about $50 cheaper, and i like them better.

very very nice
Thanks!!

They never did, the mirrors are aftermarket . Those marker lights sure look nice though.
Thanks!!

What a complete package done really well! My hats off. Did you paint under the hood too?
Thanks!!
Yep, painted under the hood too. only place I havent painted yet is the firewall.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Dragging back up this old thread of mine.

Almost been 8 years since I painted my truck, it still looks great.
I have been doing a lot of work to it over the last 12-14 months.
Added a 6" lift last week and custom retrofit projector headlights I built myself.

First 2 pics are from 2 years ago.

and how it looks now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Changed out the headlights for something different and added the newer style towing mirrors. Adding Hornblasters train horns this weekend.
Paint is still doing great.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I cant see the original pics anymore, not sure if yall can either. So here they are again.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Amazing job you did on this truck! It looks really good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks !!! I appreciate it very much.
This weekend I installed Hornblasters Train Horns, been wanting to get some of these for like 15 years!! LOL

21 - 40 of 40 Posts