Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted my grill and rear fenderwells. what do ya think? next im buying a black bumper f&r and all chrome will be gone.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2 more

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I think it looks good. Throw you a big ol ranch hand up front

·
Registered
2012 GMC HD2500 Duramax 4WD
162 Posts
Grille looks damn good, but would be even better with black bumper. Post it when you gitrdone!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry but why would you do that, hey its your truck:)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
get your flares painted red and you are good to go....if you do a layer of clear first they will come out smooth.

·
Registered
898 Posts
get your flares painted red and you are good to go....if you do a layer of clear first they will come out smooth.

:agreed:

Looks great, been meaning to do mine. Just gave me a bit more motivation.

What brand/type paint you use and what prep?

·
Registered
256 Posts
The red toe hooks look good also.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:agreed:

Looks great, been meaning to do mine. Just gave me a bit more motivation.

What brand/type paint you use and what prep?

thanks guys. i was worried there for a while because it is very bold looking.

im not painting these flares. im gonna buy some pocket flares and paint those.

scoth brite pad first, very light. then wiped with paint thinner. then i hit it with some krylon fusion grey. this stuff bonds to plastic and chrome so good its almost unbelievable. then hit it with a regular automotive primer. 2 coats. then 3 coats of black krylon fusion. the whole thing took like 30 minutes tops. it looks awesome in person. just have to be patient when spraying

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I like the rear fender wells. Looks good!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks good B-rad. I too am about to paint my grill black. My DMax is black so I am going to leave the bowtie gold and paint the chrome outlining black to match the pieces between the headlights and turn signals. Thanks, it gave me a good idea what mine will look like. I'll post up when mine is done too. My present grill is broke and I am waiting for my replacement.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I just painted my rear wheel wells the other day, I don't know why they come the color of the body in the first place, but it looks much better black as a background to show off the rims and tires against. I plan on painting the honeycomb part of the grill satin black and the bow tie gloss black but leaving the chrome trim the way it is. Then painting the lower valance satin black to match the top plastic piece.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
did notlike it at first until the last pic of the whole truck. it looks real nice as a package. be better once the bumper is done. post a pic after. nice job.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
looks nice i love the no chrome look. i'd paint the bowtie red though.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I like it just the way it is. Really nice.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If your going all black, paint the red piece under the headlight. Look good thou.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
othrgirl, i had that combo for a while with the black honeycomb. looks good too.

stacks. thanks :)

1low, ive had like 8 people tell me that exact same thing

meeko, i think im gonna do that like INKED did on his truck. the red between the lights looks out of place. but i think i may do the bowtie red and see if it all comes together then decide.

everybody else,thanks

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Now the red bowtie would be the finishing touch for sure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts