Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the PAC AOEM-GM24 and an aftermarket amp when I shut the ignition off the stereo will stay on. Opening and closing the doors doesn't shut it off. I have to turn the ignition back the aux power and then back of, wait about ten seconds and it will shut off. It does this about 90% of the time.

I know before after shutting off the ignition everything still had power until the door was opened, but now after opening the door, the stereo stays on. This started after the PAC was installed. Has anyone had this problem or know of a cure?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
825 Posts
Are you sure you wired the PAC unit correctly?

·
Registered
693 Posts
what power wire did you use?? color i mean

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Antnee77, I'm sure it's correct, can't really wire it incorrectly. The ends are plug and play, and aren't reversible.

Jazman, I used an aux. power fuse tap. I used the aux. power position, top right fuse on an 05.
I didn't want to risk tapping into the "pink" data wire, so I went to the fuse box.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Oh, nm, I was confusing it for a different adapter.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also noticed that when shutting the truck off, the battery light (indicator on the dash) stays illuminated for about 10-15 seconds after. Then opening the door shuts off the stereo.

Could it be the "aux power" that I tapped into, which is being used by the amp for a remote power. And the truck thinks something is being used, like rolling up a window after shutting the truck off, and for that reason the truck is not shutting down that power supply?

^^^^ Kinda hard to describe what I'm thinking. ^^^^

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I figured out my problem.

My JL 500/1 has signal sensing. This is used as an alterative for a remote turn on, using the RCA outputs the amp senses a high level input.

This was turned "ON". And that was causing my problem.
Now when the ignition is turned off, there is no longer the battery light indicator. And as soon as a door is opened the radio shuts off, wooohooo!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well at least you figured it out. Was the amp not hooked up using the traditional remote wire from the deck?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well at least you figured it out. Was the amp not hooked up using the traditional remote wire from the deck?
Yes, I had a remote wire also, I thought the signal sensing was off, but it got switched on somehow. The amp turned off and on correctly with the ignition, it was just the radio wouldn't shut off.

I would turn the ignition off and everything would stay hot. If I waited till the battery indicator shut off, then open the door, the radio would shut off. Somehow the amp signal sensing was drawing a signal so the truck wouldn't shut everything down right away, kinda wierd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts