Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Dodge 2500 6.7L. I loose power upon acceleration (if I go over 2K RPM) and I keep getting a check throttle position sensor code P2121. I have checked all my connections and vacuum lines with no luck. I love my truck but it is killing me....Please advise.

PS I am not real savvy on abbreviations and this is my first diesel so please respond as simply as possible.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
22,032 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Registered
1997 GMC K3500 dually 4L80 4x4
30 Posts

There are a few known problems on this vehicle with this trouble code setting, or codes P2121 and P2122.

One common problem is poor connections at the CI200 connector . Carefully inspect this connector for signs of pitting, corrosion, poor pin fit, etc. Repair as necessary. Wiggle testing this connector can often reveal a problem.

Other problem areas are APPS wiring near the brake pedal bracket, and also poor connections at the APPS sensor itself.

Test by back probing at the APP connector and wiggle test the harness backwards to the fire wall.

Good luck

Mac

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

There are a few known problems on this vehicle with this trouble code setting, or codes P2121 and P2122.

One common problem is poor connections at the CI200 connector . Carefully inspect this connector for signs of pitting, corrosion, poor pin fit, etc. Repair as necessary. Wiggle testing this connector can often reveal a problem.

Other problem areas are APPS wiring near the brake pedal bracket, and also poor connections at the APPS sensor itself.

Test by back probing at the APP connector and wiggle test the harness backwards to the fire wall.

Good luck

Mac
Ok, now I'm gonna sound like a idjet...where is the C1200 connector?
Also, would any of these explain a drop in power during quick acceleration and/or deceleration?

·
Registered
1997 GMC K3500 dually 4L80 4x4
30 Posts
It's the connector on the left side of the dash that passes through the fire wall. start by wiggling right at the APP (gas pedal) and work backwards wile back probing the connector at the app and look for your wiggling to make a voltage difference. If all the wiring is okay, it will need an APP. good luck

Mac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts