Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new to this page. A couple weeks ago I had the P20EE code pop up. I added fresh DEF to the tank and cleared the code. About 5 miles later the check engine light came back on followed by the Regen light and three codes on dash, 1) See Owners Manual, 2) Exhaust Fluid Quality Poor, 3) 99 Miles until Speed Reduced to 65mph. I replace NOx Sensor Bank 1 then ran the truck through a Regen with scanner. The Regen light did not shut off. We took it for a test drive with scanner still plugged in to see live data. Everything seemed to look normal. About a mile down the road the check engine light came back on. This time we got the P11DB code. I replaced NOx sensor 2 followed by a regen. Same thing. Regen light stayed on, took for test drive. Drove about 5 miles and light came on again. This time Pulling the P11DB and PO14C codes. Any idea on why?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,472 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Please tell us a little more about your truck
(Year, Make, and Model ) and list any mods

(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace
Please tell us a little more about your truck
(Year, Make, and Model ) and list any mods

(y)
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRW. Motor is all Stock. Plan on deleting it next summer. For now just trying to get the codes cleared. Would prefer to wait until after the Holidays to delete it. I know that would solve Most of my problems!

·
Administrator
18,472 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRW. Motor is all Stock. Plan on deleting it next summer. For now just trying to get the codes cleared. Would prefer to wait until after the Holidays to delete it. I know that would solve Most of my problems!
Have you inspected the wire harness from the NOx sensors back?
Also, your engine harness as well
The Duramax is known for wire rub issues causing short to ground/gremlins
When it comes time to delete I would recommend that you contact John Kennedy over at Kennedy Diesel: Kennedy Diesel
He can steer you in the right direction with some great advice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you inspected the wire harness from the NOx sensors back?
Also, your engine harness as well
The Duramax is known for wire rub issues causing short to ground/gremlins
When it comes time to delete I would recommend that you contact John Kennedy over at Kennedy Diesel: Kennedy Diesel
He can steer you in the right direction with some great advice
I have not checked the wiring harness from the NOx Sensors. I will check those today along with the engine harness. I am located in WA. Will Kennedy be willing to give me some recommendations? A friend of mine owns a diesel shop in WA. I will be taking it there. But more knowledge the better!

·
Administrator
18,472 Posts
I have not checked the wiring harness from the NOx Sensors. I will check those today along with the engine harness. I am located in WA. Will Kennedy be willing to give me some recommendations? A friend of mine owns a diesel shop in WA. I will be taking it there. But more knowledge the better!
Kennedy Diesel is a long time supporting vendor of DieselPlace and John posts in the forums often. Give him a call or email and he can give you some great advice with your truck

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just had a similar event with my 2012 C2500 but all I saw was the message about low quality DEF. HOwever there was never a code that showed up. After many Regens and changing out an O2 sensor that did not check out and looking at wiring harnesses for deterioration or malfunctions it finally took a new ECM to cure it.

This was the third time that I had this problem but the two prior times only the 02 sensor had to be replaced. GM changed out 1 of them per a service bulletin and I paid for one. This time i paid for another one and an ECM.

I also installed an EDGE CST3 to keep an eye on the engine, specifically the exhaust items. It does not take long to see the soot build up.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts