Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the road and just passed a car and my truck wouldn't go over 2500 rpms. I had a mechanic put the computer on my truck and they got the code P1093. What do I need to do to fix this problem? I spoke with Edge who stated that it is either a fuel rail or a fuel pressure relief valve. I would like to know what everyone else is doing to fix this problem. From all of my searches it seems to be a problem on the LLY's.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
dirty fuel filter will cause it sometimes. Sometimes it's a weak FPRV but it's easiest to start with the Fuel filter. I never had P1093's with the edge by itself but stacked with the Predator on 40 or 60hp tune I'd get them regularly when I had bursting.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Chnage the fuel filter first, that should clear up the problem...

Moving to Duramax second generation (LLY)

Ben

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
P1093 - Fuel Rail Pressure Low During Power Enrichment.

This could be caused by a plugged fuel filter.

Also, if you have big mods and the engine needs more fuel than can be delivered by the stock fuel system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm taking my truck to the dealership to get the problem fixed. I removed the edge. After I get it back i'm going to re-install the chip and run on setting 1 for awhile. Does this sound like the right thing to do?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
i'm taking my truck to the dealership to get the problem fixed. I removed the edge. After I get it back i'm going to re-install the chip and run on setting 1 for awhile. Does this sound like the right thing to do?
Yes, but I see no reason to run it on level 1. I'm curious, how many miles on your fuel filter when you received this code? I changed mine with 12,084 miles with E/J on level 3 the entire time and never had problems.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I had the fuel filter changed about 300 to 500 miles before i put the edge in the truck.
Does that mean you only have that many miles on the filter?

Also taking off the edge and then taking the truck to the dealer to fix the problem will probably end up with the dealer saying they cannot duplicate problem and you won't have anything fixed. If you can get this code to set stock then you have something for the dealer to look at. It's an issue when running extra power the majority of the time and the fuel system wasn't designed for that. GM decided that the Bosch designed fuel system didn't need lift pumps and it really doesn't if you just run the truck stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If they plug the computer into the truck won't that code have been saved? Yes i've only put 3 to 500 miles on the new fuel filter.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
The code will be there but they won't be able to tell why it was set so they have to be able to duplicate the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's another question for you. After i took the edge out eveything is back to normal. Do you think i can put the edge back in and take it easy on it for awhile and see if it does it again??

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Give it a shot but I think if you stand on it like you did before it will do it again. Change the fuel filter and see if it does it again. If it does then you may need to shim the FPRV. Do a search. There is a method to test the valve and also a post on how to shim it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The code will be there but they won't be able to tell why it was set so they have to be able to duplicate the problem.
Yes and no. They may not be able to duplicate it, but there will be a "freeze frame" stored of the failure. They would be able to see some data related to the code setting. I hope they fix your truck for you, but unfortunately I think I can predict the outcome of your trip to the dealer.
Customer states CEL on at times.
Check codes found P1093 stored. Cleared codes, road tested vehicle. Unable to duplicate, vehicle operating as designed at this time.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Yes and no. They may not be able to duplicate it, but there will be a "freeze frame" stored of the failure. They would be able to see some data related to the code setting. I hope they fix your truck for you, but unfortunately I think I can predict the outcome of your trip to the dealer.
Customer states CEL on at times.
Check codes found P1093 stored. Cleared codes, road tested vehicle. Unable to duplicate, vehicle operating as designed at this time.
I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction. Do they normally look at the freeze frame data or is that up to the tech?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered a shim kit today 2/15/06. I found another post and they said that the shim kit will fix the p1093 code. So should i still take the truck in to get looked?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I ordered a shim kit today 2/15/06. I found another post and they said that the shim kit will fix the p1093 code. So should i still take the truck in to get looked?
I'd see if the shim works for you. That more than likely will fix it. I don't think the dealer will do anything anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts