Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004.5 gmc 2500hd duramax
looking for some insight on this code. The truck runs awesome and this is the only code in the system even after a couple thousand miles.

·
Administrator
21,843 Posts
2004.5 gmc 2500hd duramax
looking for some insight on this code. The truck runs awesome and this is the only code in the system even after a couple thousand miles.
Welcome to DieselPlace

Here is a thread with some info on the p0612 code
(y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace

Here is a thread with some info on the p0612 code
(y)
I looked through that thread and found something about a power for the ficm being different in the slot between gas and diesel. The fuse box I'm using is out of an 8.1 because mine corroded really bad and I swapped it out. Was wondering if that could be the reason for my code. If not where should I start for diagnosis.

·
Administrator
21,843 Posts
I looked through that thread and found something about a power for the ficm being different in the slot between gas and diesel. The fuse box I'm using is out of an 8.1 because mine corroded really bad and I swapped it out. Was wondering if that could be the reason for my code. If not where should I start for diagnosis.
It could be the issue..

Look for any wire chafing around the FICM especially around the support bracket.
Inspect the engine harness in general, looking for any worn wire insulation, corrosion, loose connections, broken wires, etc.

The duramax harness is known for wire rub through issues

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK when I get some time lol I'll have to do that. The light went out for about a week then came back on just the other day. So kinda thinking it might be a rubbed wire but we will see. I'll keep ya updated thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.