Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got these 2 codes today, truck still runs perfectly, cleared them and they havent come back. Codes are cylinder 8 misfire and turbo underboost. any ideas? is this something serious?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
if it doesn;t come back, then i would watch it daily for a month to see if it does come back. it could be fuel related, injector related or even something electrical. we'll have to see further as to what it is when the condition appears. if you have a predator, you can look into the injector balancing and other internal features when the condition is around.

·
Registered
338 Posts
P0308 Cylinder 8 Misfire Detected not sure what p0299 is..

·
Registered
96 Posts
P0299 is turbo underboost. MAP sensor code. Mine did it this week and there was snow in the air intake. Nice. Limped it to the dealer they cleaned it out, So yesterday i went and bought a nice scanner to check and clear the codes myself.:D Gm is working to fix this air intake thing because alot of people are having this problem.:eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checked the intake. Snow aplenty. We've had 5 feet of the white stuff here this winter so im sure that didnt help. Never had a problem like this on any other vehicle i've owned, but i guess its not really something i've ever checked for. oh well, hopefully alls well from now on. Thanks all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts