Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from towing a trailer to and from FL, about 7,000lbs. Truck ran great and got somewhat normal fuel mileage for winter mix and the new Ultra-Low sulfer diesel, which I dont like -:t. Since I have been home my truck as slow started to get VERY bad fuel mileage. No loss of power, no abnormal smoke, and motor runs good. I had a buddy of mine check fuel rates and all the good stuff and they were all good. No "Check Engine Light" was on but there was 2 codes in the computer. P0236 and P0101, MAF Sensor out of range and Boost Sensor out of range. Replace both sensors or is one causing the computer to see the other screwed up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a bullydog power pup in my 03 lb7 which will also read and clear codes. po236 is an over boost condition of the turbo,probably boosted over 25psi when towing.(my bobcat and trailer weighs 10 000lbs) code p0101 could be caused by oil from the airfilter contminating the maf sensor(I have an airaid aftermarhet)Just wipe the sensor off,it is very sensitive.Up here in Canada I use Howes diesel injector cleaner to offset the low sulfer fuel.I adds lubricity to the fuel and an anti-jelling agent for the cold months.Clear the cods and moniter the situation.Hope this helps!

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
what ever you do, dont just replace parts on it, you wont be happy in the end.

The Overboost code is NEVER set by "too much boost". You wont see a big turbo truck wit 60psi set a code like that, so you can sure bet a stock turbo wont cause it. The first thing i would do is like frein said above, clean the MAF sensor, whatever you do, DONT TOUCH IT. Just pick up some electric contact cleaner and spray it off. Dont use brake clean or alcohol as they may leave a residue when they dry.

There are some programming updates for the 236 code, might be worth checking to see if your truck has the lastest updates in it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
An P0236 will set when the computer see's 36psi (actual) for 12sec. That is what overboost code eliminators are for. Try cleaning your MAF with non residue contact cleaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts