Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed a new dual stage nitrous kit with a completely stock engine and only a mcrat 500hp race tune via EFILive. I was trying the nitrous out with .088 jet in stage 1 and .110 in stage 2 I got a P0108 code after the second stage engaged has anyone else had a code like this running a dual stage kit? It doesnt happen with the single stage only when both stages are on. oh yeah P0108 = MAP sensor voltage high and does anyone know how to fix it besides just disabling the code with efilive? Thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
carcrafter22;1587626; said:
I have just installed a new dual stage nitrous kit with a completely stock engine and only a mcrat 500hp race tune via EFILive. I was trying the nitrous out with .088 jet in stage 1 and .110 in stage 2 I got a P0108 code after the second stage engaged has anyone else had a code like this running a dual stage kit? It doesnt happen with the single stage only when both stages are on. oh yeah P0108 = MAP sensor voltage high and does anyone know how to fix it besides just disabling the code with efilive? Thanks
Are you running a stage before the MAF? If not then you need to rescale your MAF tables to match the current flow your engine produces. If you want your rods to stay in your block I would back the nitrous down a bit.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
oops show how much I know about nitrous hehehe. I thought it felt like a pretty good punch when they both came on. Should I move one stage before the MAF would this help. Both nozzles are in the 45 deg. plastic elbow coming from the intercooler to the aluminum elbow on the intake is this a good location?oh yeh this is a programable nitrous system I can choose whatever nitrous curve I want any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
carcrafter22;1588535; said:
oops show how much I know about nitrous hehehe. I thought it felt like a pretty good punch when they both came on. Should I move one stage before the MAF would this help. Both nozzles are in the 45 deg. plastic elbow coming from the intercooler to the aluminum elbow on the intake is this a good location?oh yeh this is a programable nitrous system I can choose whatever nitrous curve I want any suggestions? Thanks.
I always plumb the nitrous in the aluminum intake elbow that goes under the turbo but you are pretty close to that so I would just stick with where you have them since the holes are already drilled. What Rob said. I would cut those jets sizes down to about .035 or so for the first stage and like a .055 for the second stage. You can always increase the jet size. For optimal setup I would bring the first stage on at 100% throttle and the second stage about 1 second later on a timer. If you have a progressive controller they really don't work that great for diesels. Just bring the nitrous on full scale.:D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The smallest jets I have are .052. I firt tried the .052 stage 1 and .062 stage 2 and didnt feel much, but I did have it on a pretty conservative curve and it didnt get to 100%. I will try it with the smaller jets again and try them like you suggested.and see how it goes

·
Registered
570 Posts
What size feed line are you runing?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Is your bottle full and warm?

That is a HUGE shot you are running.

Don't expect your tires to light up and your hair to start on fire when you turn on the nitrous. It will give you a considerable gain but you're probably expecting a bit much out of it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not sure what size line it is i will check on that I think it is a -6 line into each .125 solenoid feeding -4 line going to two nozzles. The bottle is full and warm pressure is about 1000psi. I didnt know it was a huge shot but new it was pretty big when I ran it and it threw me back when the second stage came on,it was definatley noticable.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one more thing would it be alright to leave these jets in and just program the nitrous to only come on at like 50-60% or am i missing something?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
dude that's nuts.. stock motor? hopefully you don't have enough fuel to use it all.. FYI i've never ran more than a .088 and a .062 at the same time.. and i really felt that was pushing it.. that was good for 11.6 @ palmdale. usually i ran a lot less. and my rods were all short when motor was taken apart.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
yeah I am getting the idea that I need to back those jets down:D I am thinking of putting in a .072 and .088 jet and just run a certain percentage of both not 100% what do you guys think. I will ramp the first stage from 40%-80% with boost starting at 18psi all the way to 32psi and for stage 2 I will just go 70% 3 seconds after I hit 2500 RPM's what do you guys think? I still had black smoke doesnt that mean I have enough fuel or am I wrong?
I really want to put the biggest jets in but I dont like the sound of shorter rods.

Diesel Power how much power do you think the .088 &.062 jets helped you gain I assume you ran the 11.6 with the A5K

What do you guys think it will take me to run a high 11 in the 1/4 I dont care if it is a 11.99 I just want an 11 second timeslip I have so far run an 8.2 best in the 1/8th mile with my current mods and the Mcrat Race tune on #2 only

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I dynoed 450 with a power pup on #2 with a .58 jet made 509, My kits old school super cheater solenoids with one nozel just behing the grid heater, I just use a hand held push button for my setup then I can use it when or if I want . tried a .90 jet pulled good on the bottom but laid down on top didnt have a lift pump or anything.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought of peicing my own kit together like a lot of people do but I am new to nitrous and figured it would be best for me to jsut buy a ready made kit so I dont screw it up. The kit I bought has two large .125 solenoids and a digital controler. I like the controler because you can hook a laptop up to it and program both stages with things like boost, rpm and time. The wireing is simple just hook up the tps signal, rpm, and master power, ground and you can even wire up a trans brake or a second switch source if you want. then just run a boost signal to the controller and thats it. the power comes on smooth due to the ability to control the nitrous curve on both stages. I just need to experiment with different pills and curves and other things so between this and efi live I hope to hit the 11's

·
Registered
570 Posts
Another thing that I totally over looked is your original question about the p0108 error. You are overboosting because of the n2o. Back down the vane position in the operating range that you run at full throttle with the nitrous on. Start small and back the boost down to where you want it while squeezing.

Happy Tunning!!!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks. what about desired boost do I need to do anything with that.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would run stock boost on the juice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts