Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Means your sucking too much air making the ECM recognize a high voltage so it sets a MIL.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
been there, done that
. lower your boost a little bit and you'll be fine, or get whoever made your tune that's causing it to fix it.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm. The truck is stock except for a K&N and being straight piped. I'll call the Stealer tomorrow to see what they'll charge me for an update seeing that I'm out of warranty.

You know, why the heck should I pay? I think if GM updates their software after you buy a truck that they should do it for free.

·
Registered
692 Posts
gm corprate issued an in house bulliten not to be issued to the public for fales po103. from k/n being instaslled. warranty is voided if they catch you with k/n
oil is gitting on the mass air flow. you can clean it yet i have seen some damaged....get rid of k/n it sucks.....ok for a gasser not for the d/max switch to another filter that does not use oil.......

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
ahhh. sorry i thought you had mods
. its what patrick said- cleaf MAF and you should be fine just be careful handling it. my buddy had the same problem and his cleaned up just fine- no more problems. if you insist on the K&N just make sure its not over-oiled. lastly if the K&N moves the location of the MAF relevant to the stock intake then that may be your problem in which your only method of resolving would be to remove the k&n..

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Clean any signs of oil, put in a paper filter, take to dealer and present with "symptoms" as in: codes present, filter minder sucked in maybe some wet spots from where you ingested rain water thru the snorkels etc.

IF the dealer bucks and wants to charge you, stop him short at the reflash. I'd suggest doing ECM and TCM updates. This will take TWO downloads/trips to the vehicle, and they can print a copy of what the updates were...

I have yet to see a Dmax MAF sensor truly fouled, let alone permanently damaged by filter oil...

Edited by: Kennedy

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I think I might've over oiled the K&N. I'll head to the auto parts tomorrow and get a paper element. I heard of this happening to other people too. Can I clean the sensor with something like alcohol?

Also what opinion do you have on the Volant Cold Air Induction? My dad just bought one but it cost him some serious $$$. Thanks, Nick

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
When you go to the auto store look for QD electronic cleaner. It is in a red and black can. You can spray it directly at the entire MAF with no problems. It will dry instantly. You do not need to use a swab or patch. Manufacture=CRC #05102Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bronco

You reading my mind? I was gonna ask that question and know I don't have too. Sounds like you been there done that. Only I was gonna say brake clean.

Geno

1 - 11 of 11 Posts