Diesel Place banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
That code is due to increased air flow that the MAF is not calibrated for, I get it all the time and it does cut fuel, I lose at least 7lbs of boost when it throws. :mad:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Mine never threw a code till the dealer re-flashed it. I've taken it back 2x they can't figure it out. I tried telling them they probably re-flashed w/the wrong air box config. They assured me that there was no option for this. So I'll let them bang their heads alittle bit. Going back in Monday. Last time they had it for a week.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have had random p0101 codes forever with my truck. I have the Banks intake (slightly modified for the LBZ mouthpiece). I replaced the Banks oiled (similar to K & N) filter with a dry style Banks filter and replaced the MAF sensor at the same time. I get the p0101 code far less often now, but it still comes up now and then. It's been really hard to find a place here in North San Diego County that specializes in Duramax. There's a decent Ford Powerstroke place in Escondido that also works on Duramax but it's a secondary deal for them. I took my truck there when I thought I might have a bad injector or two I would love to have someone reflash my truck to make it a little more happy with the intake setup I have. I removed the fingerstick, EGR blocker, and Banks tuner many years ago. Pretty much just stock now aside from the intake and cat back exhaust. I have the straight pipe but swapping it out every two years to go through CA smog checks got old so I've just left the cat (particulate filter) on for the last few years too. Is this reflash something I can do myself and if so what sort of tool / equipment do I need to do this? If I invest in this tool will it work on modern Duramax stuff too (should I ever replace my truck)?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't think my dealer would have the slightest idea about reflashing anything and if they did I'm not sure they'd even do it due to emissions regulations here. I do most stuff myself but I really need a good Duramax guy who knows these systems. I'm a decent trained ape when it comes to changing out parts on my truck, but the diagnosis and programming stuff is way above my pay grade.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts