Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 CHEVY duramax k3500 dually. Installed a Airaid air intake system on the truck back in 2003, have had no problems with it on til two weeks ago. took it to the dealer to pull the code they said it was a p010. they said it was because of the intake system that i installed that was causing the code to a come on. Checked everything but have not found anything wrong with the inlet tube or clamps. kind of confused at this time do you have any suggestions that might be causing this problem?

·
Registered
272 Posts
did you over oil the filter. I know that GM has a bulletin that states that if there is an aftermarket air filter that requires oil installed onto the vehicle and it trips a MAF code, it is NOT WARRANTY. They are finding people overoiling the filter and contaminating the MAF sensor. Clean it with some electronics cleaner and clean the filter and do not over oil it.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
i HAVE A K&n COLD AIR INTAKE, AND I HAVE THE SAME CODE P0101,ITS NOT FROM OVER OILING ITS CUZ ITS SUCKING MORE AIR, I JUST DELETE MINE W/PREDATOR BUT THERE IS NO DIFFERANCE WTHE CODE ON/OFF THE COMPUTER CAN SEE MORE AIR COMING INTO THE MOTOR.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put the AFE II in my 02 and had the same code problem. finaly discoverd that one of the sensor wires in the MAF Sensor was broken. Try checking that good luck:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again...

Well, this code has popped up again. I was pulling a trailer yesterday and I just didn't have any power. Back we go to the dealership.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have the same problem i'm getting my MAF sensor replaced under warranty next week. dave

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Read Spicer's report on the K&N test update. Very interesting stuff.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Don't take it to the same dealer and clean your MAF also put your stock airbox back on. See if there is still a problem then go to the dealer. I have a tripple dog programer that did an incomplete flash and screwed up my stock file causing this code to come up, I cleaned my MAF 3 times still no difference. I got EFI live and flashed my computer again and everything was good again. If you have been playin with programers they can leave your computer in a state that could cause this.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Pull the sensor, check for oil film on it, and spray down with electrical parts cleaner. Reinstall when dry and go again.

It will probably get oiled again if you are over oiled though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.