Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Searched what I could and responses are all over the place.

I was driving the truck on some light hill roads and hammered on it to pass another vehicle and it lost power and threw the CEL. Outside Air temp was 50-60 degrees. Scanned the codes and got P0101 and P0299. Maf and Boost under pressure.

Yesterday I changed the oil (GM), fuel (WIX), and air filter (Napa Gold). Truck ran fine and never had a problem with these codes before.

I have Banks Sixgun with speedloader on level 3, no Cat, 4" exhaust, and stock air box and filter. Truck has 40,000 miles.

Should I just try cleaning the MAF sensor and hope it doesnt come back? I cleared the codes but havent driven it again yet. I am going on a 350mile/6 hour trip for thanksgiving and dont want to run into this again.

I wanted to add that this truck has had these mods for about 35 of the 40k miles. I had an AFE STG. 2 filter on it until about 3000 miles ago.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
fist step in troubleshooting is to always remove the tuner to rule it out. if there's an existing issue with the truck the added power and performance will make it show up quicker. remove it and see how the truck does.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,141 Posts
How long have you had the exhaust on there? All 40k miles, or did you do it just recently?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the exhaust went on right away.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Reflash, No changes at all really other than taking the AFE stg. 2 off. But that has been 3-5k miles ago. I sprayed the MAF with some of that cleaner and cleared those codes......drove it about 50 miles and hasnt came back.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've seen some that were setting these codes and had the wrong ECM software in them. There are specific software updates available to help w/ the triggering of these codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.