Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so I'm having a p0087 problem ,if I accelerate past 3000rpm or near it with in 2-400 rpm on the high side truck goes in to limp mode. I can clear it on the edge cts and i get power back although I cant always get it to put up a cel light

I am the 2nd owner as far as I know the previous owner towed a few times a year with a skidsteer on short runs , he deleted the dpf/egr and had the edge cts put in other than that I got the truck pretty much stock

I just recently installed a fass 100g, fprv plug, hsp pipe kit , resurfaced the heads type c gaskets and arp studs , fluid dampener, noticed the 0087 after I took it out and got on it ,replaced fuel lines from the tank to motor last night(found a couple kinks on the braided section ) and I'm still getting the 0087. also deleted the factory fuel filter housing with a 180 u pipe from underdog diesel with about 3in section of fuel line to make sure it doesnt suck shut

if I'm just normally driving around no code only if I'm getting on it anyways near 3k , twice on the highway around 70mph , I'm having a hard time thinking it's the cp3 or injectors due to not having this issue until after all the maintenance.

How can I trouble shoot my problem with out throwing money at it , if I dont have to. and what would be the stock measurements for injector balance rates , I know that's not the best check but how far out would it have to be to throw a cel

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Injector rates +4 to -4 at idle, not in gear.
Tons of posts about this problem.

·
Administrator
16,038 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
X2^^ do a forum search on P0087 and a bunch of posts will come up

(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts