Diesel Place banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
EMSmotorhead - thanks for the input. I’m back right of center and leaning towards injectors. Almost pulled the trigger last night but man that’s gonna hurt….gotta do some more hand wringing first. When I do go that way imma put a lift pump in. Not immediately so as to see the benefits of the injectors but in the interim till I recover from the hit. If injectors don’t fix it….CP3 is coming but will probably be next year.

Reactions: EMSRotorhead

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Biotec….thanks for the input. I’ll check it out. Got some time to run a few tanks through. Man if I could only be that lucky.

Agree with you on the CP3…research of late has eased my mind. Still thinking about the miles on it though is the only reason I can’t let it go.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The pump is a win win in my opinion….on the three diesels I’ve owned I know I’ve put 2 fuel filter heads on each one and rebuilt a couple….not impressed with them. A pump will help identify leaks…maybe quicker and it is a benefit to a CP3 regardless of its age. All my opinion of course.

Reactions: roswell

·
Administrator
22,331 Posts
EMSmotorhead - thanks for the input. I’m back right of center and leaning towards injectors. Almost pulled the trigger last night but man that’s gonna hurt….gotta do some more hand wringing first. When I do go that way imma put a lift pump in. Not immediately so as to see the benefits of the injectors but in the interim till I recover from the hit. If injectors don’t fix it….CP3 is coming but will probably be next year.
When you do decide to pull the trigger on Injectors I would highly recommend you contact Brent over at Lincoln Diesel Specialties: Diesel Injection, Parts and Services
LDS is one of our long-time supporting Vendors and Brent can set up exactly what you need.
(y)

·
Premium Member
2007 Klassic CCSB 2500HD. Six-gun w/speedloader, iDash, and EFILive.
1,452 Posts
Viscosities decrease in higher temperatures except for non-Newtonian fluids, which petrol aint. Which also means that the (CP3) pump can't do as well when it warms up. I see somebody else thinks you need to clean the injectors before you dump three grand on a CP3 or injectors. Doesn't cost much to prove us wrong...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
update: replaced all the fuel lines with the exception of the ones under the bed on top of the fuel tank (supply and return). I the Talked myself out of those. When I put in a lift pump I'll get those. Not sure why they tell you to put two hose clamps on? I could not get the Parker hose over the second hump so there was not enough pipe left to land them "well". All the pictures I saw showed the hose butting up against it so I guess others struggled with that as well. I only put two on the supply.

The Edge I installed keeps freezing up and mysteriously losing transmission temp in multiple ways (maybe its there with no change in temp or its there with no numbers or worst case its not in the PID library at all). I called them and we reset everything. He said if it kept up they would replace it. Gonna do that Monday.

I ordered a new FPRV (PPE).

Soaked the up pipe bolts for probably 30hrs. Broke em all free for upcoming work.....sure wish I had already ordered a new FRPV cause it was right there once I got everything out of the way to get to the bolts. I'll be back in there soon enough....Along those lines I am starting to build a pretty long list of questions about EFI live specifically and then EFI Live and Canada in general. Any rescources for review is greatly appreciated. Still in research mode for now.

B.O.O.M...............Roswell broke out "Newtonian".......lol......I can appreciate Newton. He made a few good points! I really like the action/reaction blah.blah.blah.....especially as it relates to recreational transfer of energy down range. All kidding aside, I did look at the cleaner recommended....I gotta be honest.....not a fan of cleaner if I feeel its kicking the bucket down the road. I mean if it was uncommon for injectors to fail at 310k miles I'd be all over it.....or even from a routine maintenance standpoint. Seems well reviewed and one of the videos I watched there was a significant improvement in the injector rates.....so it makes me think. But I also think about two things I absolutely hate - 1. being broke down on the side of the road. 2. being broke down in a boat. Absent an absolute fix in my mind.....i risk being broke down on the side of the road with a boat. I'd probably need counseling after that!

Viscosities decrease in higher temperatures except for non-Newtonian fluids, which petrol aint. Which also means that the (CP3) pump can't do as well when it warms up. I see somebody else thinks you need to clean the injectors before you dump three grand on a CP3 or injectors. Doesn't cost much to prove us wrong...
Thanks Everyone

21 - 26 of 26 Posts