Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Klassic CCSB 2500HD. Six-gun w/speedloader, iDash, and EFILive.
1,452 Posts
Sorry bro, those rare super-high demand limps are a biotch to reproduce/cure. I had my LBZ do it once leaving the Denver airport in rocket mode, never to be heard from again. I think your bottle tests are fundamentally valid. I've thought of doing the same. I'm not usually a fan of this answer, but maybe a lift lift pump would be the easiest fix. Positive pressure on a vacuum system. Much cheaper than a new CP3. Yes, it sounds like your CP3 is tired. One thing you didn't mention is that perhaps a sticking injector isn't closing, allowing pressure to drop. Have you tried cleaning them? Might help with balance rates too. If you've lurked long enough you also know that it miiiiight be a collapsing soft line prior to the filter head. I have no good answers other than find a friend with EFILive that can demant full CP3 mojo and see if it's making it. However comma, you can unplug the FPR and pressure sensor and it'll fail the CP3 to max pressure....if you can read it.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Thanks Roswell….yeah…hard to troubleshoot something that won’t stay broke! I did reproduce it yesterday without towing. On the ride home, fuel temp around 180 desired vs actual would separate at the upper 20% of max. I reviewed the data last night and saw roughly 25,500 desired and roughly 21,000 actual. It set the code once.
Cool. I mean not, but ya know. I'd rebottle it at idle with the FPR unplugged and see where it's all going. Also, I don't recall you saying that you checked for a weak FPRV, nor bottle tested it. Did I miss that? Albeit rare, it's possible and easy to fix. A girl can dream....

PS, love the paint mixing cups; I have a stack myself. Some day I might even use them for paint...

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Viscosities decrease in higher temperatures except for non-Newtonian fluids, which petrol aint. Which also means that the (CP3) pump can't do as well when it warms up. I see somebody else thinks you need to clean the injectors before you dump three grand on a CP3 or injectors. Doesn't cost much to prove us wrong...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts