Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with overhead consoles? I have a 93 and I'm looking for a shelf or overhead console. I found a few at JC Whitney but they only come in "gray velvet like finish" that mounts in the visor screw holes and then remount the visors in holes on the bottom of the shelf. My interior is red. An actual console is an option if I can find one. I'd like the extra storage and a few power supplies to run a CB/RADAR detector/cell charger etc.

Bryan

·
Registered
200 Posts
might check the yards for the overhead out of a suburban. two storage pockets, a couple of lamps, and two dials that could be yanked - originally for rear heat/ac.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didnt know the Sub's had a stock one (never been in a sub) Thanks!

·
Registered
592 Posts
i installed a stock over head in my 94 it's pretty easy.i bought it brand new from the dealer it has cd holder,sun glass holder,place for garage door opener and 2 interior lighs that swivel oh and a flat angle section in the front if you want the compass and temp display.
is this the one you asking about

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I installed one in my '95 about a year ago. Was a cake walk - just took time. Mine had mounts in the roof from the factory. One screw on a blind nut and wired it off the dome light.

SnowDrift

1 - 5 of 5 Posts