Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one, saw one truck that had it and now i cant find a plat pannel to cover my panel like he had. My truck is a 04' 3500 GMC any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Banned
328 Posts
If I am not mistaken it was a gentleman on the "other" site. If it is the same guy he took our digital gauge and flush mounted it in the overhead console. I think it was a 2002 so he had the cover from the factory, he just cut it out and flush mounted the gauge.

I will tell you that it is a little bit of a pain to mount them that high because of the length of our wire harness. If the need comes we wil make an extended length harness, but so far it is not needed.

I do have a couple of more options on 2003's. We have made a black plastic piece that can cover the bottom compartment of the center console if you have bucket seats. This piece is ABS plastic and I believe we can make it hold up to 3 gauges. We can also cut it to make it hold the digital gauges.

I will also point out that any time you flush mount our digital gauge, you will loose the ability to adjust your max egt warning. You will have to set it before you finish the install.

The other option is a wood piece that covers the whole portion of the center console. This is where the two "cubby" holes are. We can mount the digital gauge in the upper compartment. This is done for a Conversion truck place and looks really nice as well.

I have no idea on pricing either, I just no we can do it!

The other thing to consider while I am here, is that we are going to offer "blank" covers as well as covers for our N20 systems that utilize that lower console hole. We currently use a system that lets us use 4 "safety" toggle switches and 1 gauge, along with a purge button.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How about for the 2003 overhead console. I would like to mount my attitude up there..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I might be the one from the other page with the overhead guages. Unfortunately Dakota Digital stopped selling the rectangular digital guages. I had made up several kits for TDP members. I like the guages in the overhead.

Link to my install; http://www.pbase.com/tinbender

Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quad,

Do you have any pics available of the the installs you mentioned earlier in this thread?

Hoss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts