Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have the sensor crap out? Got a nice quote from the dealer for $515 for the new bottle because it is all one assembly. How the crap is it that a 2 year old truck is sh*tting out parts like this?

I read somewhere that there is a TSB but they aren't eating them.

Anyone have a number or something else to reference. I prefer to NOT spend $500+ on a small sensor because GM can't use vetted version of apart that has been in service for the last 20 years.

·
Administrator
18,021 Posts
I would research the part # on a GM Parts website then browse the internet with the part number to find a cheaper parts source
(y)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a 2019 in need of a new bottle. I was getting a message on the DIC to add coolant. ASSUMING this is under warranty, I took it to the dealer and they had to order the part. That was last Friday and I should be bringing the truck back sometime this week to have it replaced. The mechanic said it's the 4th one he's seen this week. No effing way I'm paying for this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was told it is not covered by the powertrain warranty and it would cost $600 + labor to repair. Strangely the warning showed up shortly after I had it in for service replacement of the block heater. I have decided to simply delete the warning when it comes up on my DIC and keep an eye on the engine temp.
Non GM part is available but the price is over $300. WTF, for a plastic jug.

·
Premium Member
18,015 Posts
Is rock auto wrong?
20210223_193454.jpg

Reactions: OkDually

·
Premium Member
18,015 Posts
Hell, even gm list is low.
Screenshot_20210223-193713_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I was told it is not covered by the powertrain warranty and it would cost $600 + labor to repair. Strangely the warning showed up shortly after I had it in for service replacement of the block heater. I have decided to simply delete the warning when it comes up on my DIC and keep an eye on the engine temp.
Non GM part is available but the price is over $300. WTF, for a plastic jug.
If the issue showed up after block heater replacement it probably has burped out a little more air and just needs some coolant.
A lot of the coolant is drained out to do the block heater, and it is common to not get all the air out on first fill.

If it's low, it's certainly worth topping it up and seeing if it will stabilize at the normal level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts