Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now :wtf1:. Having problem with truck getting P0234 "overboost" code while driving at freeway speeds. Code came up with only 6lbs boost. Has anyone else had this problem? This happens all the time when programmer is on any setting but stock.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
its normal, you will have to by a boost valve from ppe or some other vendor in order to trick the computer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't a boost valve from PPE increase boost, how would this trick the computer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did see this PPE boost valve but didn't want to increase boost untill problem is fixed, however i just placed order for one. I'll give it a try. I have the Banks "Big head waste gate" that probaly does the same thing. I had it on this truck about 2 years ago but took it off because of this "overboost code" condition. I couldn't seem to get it dialed in corectly.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
the banks big head isn't designed to eliminate the overboost code. it allows you to build boost quicker by replacing the stock unit which prematurely, so to speak, releases not holding the boost.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
EFI works fine too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wondering what programmer your using ?? Sounds like your setting the boost ? Right ?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Your lucky. I get them every once in a while. i run 30psi. i keep the scanner with me to clear them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts