Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the bra on my 2003 Silverado and noticed that the outside temperature in my mirror was not reading correctly. The thermocouple must be located in the engine compartment and with limited air movement through the grill it doesn't give a good reading of the outside temperature. Does anyone know where the thermocouple is located at and if you can move it to a new location were it can catch the outside air?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
On the 01 it is mounted right on top and to the driver side of the tranny cooler ....

I took mine off and placed ,on driverside radiator mount in a pre exsisting hole .... It's a push pin lock .... The sensor gets air from the inside corner near headlight bucket and chrome cross bar on a Chebby ....

Mac

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
I havent noticed any differences in the 02.

If I park it for a while, it always reads hot, but give it 5 min with air flow, and it comes right back to normal...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I relocated mine just the other day. Drilled a hole in the plastic cover underneath the engine and popped it in. Still high enough and behind the bumper to not get hung up on anything.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
My 2002 Chev already had a proper size whole, between driverside DRL and bumper, in black plastic molding, just behind light. Existing wiring harness was long enough to reach. The temperature sensor snaps right into the hole. Easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts