Diesel Place banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I've been running DTECH without issue for years but that doesn't mean you didn't get a bad one. Where was it from?

First, i'd do the OHM test on the fuel solenoid which is detailed in 95C1500's troubleshooting document. It should be linked in his signature and profile. If it checks out, the PMD and harness are the only suspects for this issue if your grounds are good and you are free of air in fuel.

All the other "fixes" you are getting from a search are wide spread when other members have more than one problem at a time that triggers the codes. (dirty fuel, air in fuel, lack of fuel, bad grounds, bad IP, etc.) Since this only cropped up with the new PMD, that's probably the issue.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Every so called "defective" 39405 PMD my group has tested have all tested good. And in nearly every case the 39405 PMD was suspected of being defective, they [customers] hadnt used the included IP harness and/or was using an extension harness with no nobilitay.
Thoroughly inspect the PMD and OS connectors with a magnifying glass.. Look for any signs of fretting corrosion.. I just posted alot of stuff 'bout PMDs and different types of corrosion the other day.. Preventing PMD Issues

Does the DTech PMD use gold plated connectors?

Also, the extension harness may have one grey connector intended for the PMD itself, is the other end black?
If so, did you have to do any mods to plug the black connector into stanadynes grey PMD connector at the IP itself?
Regardless, inspect all those extension harness connectors, make sure the extension harness manufacturer is using the same gold connectors Stanadyne uses in there gold laden IP harness...
Guess what I am asking.. Are all the metal connectors used the same (actually gold plated) throughout, or not?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Every so called "defective" 39405 PMD my group has tested have all tested good. And in nearly every case the 39405 PMD was suspected of being defective, they [customers] hadnt used the included IP harness and/or was using an extension harness with no nobilitay.
Thoroughly inspect the PMD and OS connectors with a magnifying glass.. Look for any signs of fretting corrosion.. I just posted alot of stuff 'bout PMDs and different types of corrosion the other day.. Preventing PMD Issues

Does the DTech PMD use gold plated connectors?

Also, the extension harness may have one grey connector intended for the PMD itself, is the other end black?
If so, did you have to do any mods to plug the black connector into stanadynes grey PMD connector at the IP itself?
Regardless, inspect all those extension harness connectors, make sure the extension harness manufacturer is using the same gold connectors Stanadyne uses in there gold laden IP harness...
Guess what I am asking.. Are all the metal connectors used the same (actually gold plated) throughout, or not?
Not that I have ever seen. Both of my DTECH DT76301 use the black connector harness and have silver pins. Both have the flight systems logo near the connector.

The 39405 Grey PMD I have uses the grey IP harness, has gold pins, and uses the corresponding (different shaped) resistor.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Heavy, the autopsy on the 39405 is underway. Enlisted the help electrical engineer friends to help with this one. Hopefully will get some interesting info in a week or two.

The PMD extension cable has a grey connector, like the one in the picture of the Stanadyne technical PDF.
Any prognosis?

81 - 84 of 84 Posts