Diesel Place banner

Ottominder - Econominder

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  CRASHNBURN 
Hey Crash. Have you towed with the Ottomind? If so how'd it do? I'm still in the market for something but it has be safe, increase fuel mileage and pay for itself. Thanks.

Wow. My truck is stock and I've experienced anywhere from 8 to almost 12 pulling my big trailer but that depends mostly on the wind and how hard I'm pushing it. My average towing over the entire summer is a little over 9. That's all conditions and roads and not running it that hard most of the time, prob 65 avg. What would you say you "average" has increased when comparing similar trips and conditions? Also, if you up the power level I'm assuming the mpg goes down? Thanks.

Each truck is truely different. Is that 8 to 12 hand calc or DIC? More power does not equal less milage either. It is actually opposite of that is your can control your right foot. It does depend on your right foot with the new found power. My mileage has been different trips & hand calc'd mileage after each trip not a combined mileage. I normally get 12 mpg driving like I want to get there. :D I want to get where I am going to. If I would drive 55 my mileage would be even better. This is way better then stock just for the power plus you get better mileage is a bonus. I do not feel my fifthwheel behind me.
I always hand calc. My DIC usually shows about .5 mpg higher than hand. Power isn't really a problem now. I can pull my 36' 12,000 lb gooseneck as fast as I want to go. I kind of look at it from the other direction. I have no doubt power would be increased but that's not what I'm looking for. I want to get another 2 mpg. Any added power would just be bonus. I'm having a hard time spending several hundred bucks with no guarantee of satisfaction. I really wish more companies would offer that. I'd definitely give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.