Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen any rusty Allison Filters yet?? Both of my filters in stock have major surface rust on plate!

Guess the next ones I get I'll put something on them right away to make sure they are protected.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Look in the following post, on 17 September:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=506&PN=3&TPN=2

I posted a picture of a rusty Allision spin-on filter along with rust spots on a Racor fuel filter. I find it surprising how there are over 100 replies (here and on TDP) of people bagging on Racor while the Allison thing slips through the cracks!

I'd suggest that everyone check their Allison spin-on filters and then properly seal them in an air tight container with some desicant inside. Those are the actions I have taken.

It sounds like I am not the only person that has found a rusty Allison filter!!

Oh well,

Alan

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sad thing here is it seems that it is not just a rare occurance. On the other page the RACOR guy has chimed in. Typical coroprate BS. Has had the offer of seeing some rusty filters but isn't interested. Looked at a few pictures and will look into it. Also he was quick to blame water in fuel, how that rusts unused filters I'm not sure.

The last blame was the condition of diesel fuel in this country!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
On the positive side, at least he chimed in! I would really like to question an engineer from the Bosch company.

I don't know if he has the approval of his company or not to be its spokesperson. (Many large companies would fire someone for doing what he is doing.) In today's maze of lawyers and lawsuits, you really have to watch what is written in a public forum.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
You mean there is a such thing as a Allison filter W/O rust? I have yet to find one. Can this filter be crossed over to another manufacturer or is there only one? (like the Racor)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts