Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this socket, but its not 6 sided like a good socket should be. It is slipping on the injector. Is there a standard 6 sided socket for these injectors?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it felt like it was snapping everytime it broke loose, but I tried it with slower steady presseure and it popped less, and ended up coming loose

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I found that if the injector was too rusty it wouldn't work, nor would a socket. ended up with a crescent wrench. Lucky the motor was out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I pulled out the injector. Yesterday I found the injector said Bosch. So they have been replaced. What is the life span of these injectors suppose to be?

·
Administrator
15,705 Posts
So I pulled out the injector. Yesterday I found the injector said Bosch. So they have been replaced. What is the life span of these injectors suppose to be?

Rule of thumb for preventative maintenance purposes are 100k miles.

Many Injectors have gone well beyond 100k miles of service...

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Bosch were the oe injectors if I remember correctly. keep em have them remanned and pop tested. Much better than the Chinese/ India crap you'll usually get out of a parts store.

:ditto: on the socket. Deep well impact. Works every time.

The tq spec should be 50 ft lbs on the injector and 20ft lbs on the line nut.

:thumb:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
As mentioned, Bosch was OE for injectors
I bought the OTC 5060 socket after bending several of the return nipples with a standard socket. . I've never had the OTC slip or bend a nipple. The hex on the top of the OTC socket is needed on the passenger side if the manifold is on. I will say that the $50+ for the OTC 5060 is crazy. Used ones go for near that on ebay and amazon. You could always sell it after you use it to re-coop most of the price.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,734 Posts
Be careful with Bosch since most injector housing will say Bosch on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
auto zone “loan a tool” has deep axle nut socket set that includes 30mm. if there is a store near enough, you can’t go wrong for the money(free use). their 30mm fits injectors better than most sockets i’ve test fit in stores.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts