Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the bad luck and hail damage i regretfully received last week, my hood has to be replaced so i shook the bushes till i found a Fiberglass replacment for it.It has an air kit that can be installed with it but , iam still thinking about that because of possible warranty issues(of course i could allways put it back ta stock).

I dont know much about this company,if anyone does go ahead and letter rip because i will have to live with it or go back to Tin. I will post pictures when its all done.Heres the link,http://www.keystonerestyling.com/cgi-bin/bjpcat.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=GHG-121

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've been looking at those Good Hoods too. They are supposed to be one of the best aftermarket hoods on the market and they look real sweet!

I was wondering how that intake system deals with water injestion though. If it forces enough water in through the filter and the engine sucks it in, it could cause all sorts of problems that warranty wouldn't cover and I couldn't afford to fix. :eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been looking at those Good Hoods too. They are supposed to be one of the best aftermarket hoods on the market and they look real sweet!

I was wondering how that intake system deals with water injestion though. If it forces enough water in through the filter and the engine sucks it in, it could cause all sorts of problems that warranty wouldn't cover and I couldn't afford to fix. :eek:
I know thats my concern to about moisture, i talked with the company about the hood ,but i did not discuss the ram air attachment for now,i can always add that option,i will call him and get more info on the design and about water issues.;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Should look something like this

I like it....but not as much as my aftermarket z28 hood

·
Registered
91 Posts
i need to do something with the mesh intake.....i dont like how it looks painted to match the truck....maybe black?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i need to do something with the mesh intake.....i dont like how it looks painted to match the truck....maybe black?

This looks very similar or is it the same builder?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This looks very similar or is it the same builder?[/quote

OK, this is the o4 hood,i looked at your past posts,it looks very nice i seewhat you mean about maybe painting the screens.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts