Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Westers tune for my truck today. Going for the mileage tune. I'm headed to Colorado soon I'll let yall know how it works out. Can't wait.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
What tune did you get. BTW, any tune will be great and Lyndon is a pleasure to deal with.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The rating Lyndon reports are also very conservative. My 100-110 tune pulls stronger than edge on 5 and the 90hp tune may have as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
wester tune

So far the tune has been working really good I just got a mpg tune. It sure runs alot stronger than before and mpg have really improved

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, he came to my work and put it on. I don't get off duty until tomorrow morning. I'll have to wait until then to drive it. I got the 30hp mileage tune, adjustment for tire size, little firmer shift, and speed limiter removed.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I'm sure you'll like it, I haven't been disappointed yet!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed the trailer felt a little lighter today, but haven't had her out on the highway yet. Gonna do a 1700 mile trip next week. That should give the mileage a good test.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Let us know how you make out. I'm running the Westers programming but haven't had a chance to really see what the mileage is. The truck usually ends up idling for a while before I leave work so that doesn't help. The one time that I did figure all highway mileage without a trailer it was in the mid 20s. I need to do another highway trip to confirm this. I'll be taking a run from MA to MI and back in a few weeks. That will be a good mileage test. I'll jump in the bed and start dancing if mileage is in the mid 20s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I ran to Colorado and back last month. From Fort Worth, TX to Durango,Co I got 16.95mpg. Onthe way back I got 19.2mpg. I ran 75mph.
The thing I have noticed most after I got home was the decrease in town and when pulling. Stop n Go driving gets somewhere around 12 and with a loaded down landscape trailer(zero mower's, four foot sides,tools and tandem axle) I getting in the 8-9 range.

My city mileage is a few less than before, so it is kind of a wash at the moment.

On another note I can get 21-22 going 60 on cruise, but it feels like I'm crawling.

I'm thinking of going to 265/75/r16. Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I would suspect that the mileage decrease around town is due to the fact that you have more power and power consumes fuel, plus I am sure your right foot has something to do with it as well.

I will add however that while cruising the rpm band is very limited and the tune can be tailored to run well in that narrow range. I wish you luck with it.

T:cool: NY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.