Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Westers tune for my truck today. Going for the mileage tune. I'm headed to Colorado soon I'll let yall know how it works out. Can't wait.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
What tune did you get. BTW, any tune will be great and Lyndon is a pleasure to deal with.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Good luck with it and let us know how you like it.. What level did you get? Not real familiar with Westers.. IIRC they have some strong ratings from what people have been saying...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The rating Lyndon reports are also very conservative. My 100-110 tune pulls stronger than edge on 5 and the 90hp tune may have as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
wester tune

So far the tune has been working really good I just got a mpg tune. It sure runs alot stronger than before and mpg have really improved

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, he came to my work and put it on. I don't get off duty until tomorrow morning. I'll have to wait until then to drive it. I got the 30hp mileage tune, adjustment for tire size, little firmer shift, and speed limiter removed.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I'm sure you'll like it, I haven't been disappointed yet!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed the trailer felt a little lighter today, but haven't had her out on the highway yet. Gonna do a 1700 mile trip next week. That should give the mileage a good test.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Let us know how you make out. I'm running the Westers programming but haven't had a chance to really see what the mileage is. The truck usually ends up idling for a while before I leave work so that doesn't help. The one time that I did figure all highway mileage without a trailer it was in the mid 20s. I need to do another highway trip to confirm this. I'll be taking a run from MA to MI and back in a few weeks. That will be a good mileage test. I'll jump in the bed and start dancing if mileage is in the mid 20s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I ran to Colorado and back last month. From Fort Worth, TX to Durango,Co I got 16.95mpg. Onthe way back I got 19.2mpg. I ran 75mph.
The thing I have noticed most after I got home was the decrease in town and when pulling. Stop n Go driving gets somewhere around 12 and with a loaded down landscape trailer(zero mower's, four foot sides,tools and tandem axle) I getting in the 8-9 range.

My city mileage is a few less than before, so it is kind of a wash at the moment.

On another note I can get 21-22 going 60 on cruise, but it feels like I'm crawling.

I'm thinking of going to 265/75/r16. Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I would suspect that the mileage decrease around town is due to the fact that you have more power and power consumes fuel, plus I am sure your right foot has something to do with it as well.

I will add however that while cruising the rpm band is very limited and the tune can be tailored to run well in that narrow range. I wish you luck with it.

T:cool: NY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts