Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed an order for a 2004 GMC 2500HD Fire Red D/A LLY. Dealer says 8-10 wks, I am hoping sooner.

What mods would you make first? Secondary filter, Juice, etc.. I plan on making this truck last as long as possible and towing a 7500 lb trailer.

If I can figure out a prize, maybe we start a pool on delivery date!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good luck on sooner. I ordered January 20th with a build date of March 8th and a delivery date of March 30th. My truck was built on time and showed in transit on the dealer's computer on March 10th. The truck did not show on March 30th. The dealer put a trace on the truck and guess what.... IT IS STILL IN FLINT MI
!!! They "red tagged it (whatever that is good for
) and told me I would have a status update on Monday. I am in Dayton Ohio. Hell, I would love to be able to just go up to Flint and pick it up myself.

·
Registered
594 Posts
JD,

Congradgulations. I just got a call today saying my Sierra HD was built and will be here in 7-10 days (I'm excited) (total of 6 weeks if it comes in next 2 weeks). Bob also told me that the March 30th deadline for $2500 GM cash back was replaced with $3500 on April 1. I already ordered the Racor fuel filter kit from Greg ($295). I also ordered Stanadyne performance plus additive to put in the fuel.

I would do alot of research on the "juice". I definitely will not consider it until alot later.

Where did you get it here in the Willamette Valley? And if you don't mind telling for how much? was it the SLE or SLT, Crew Cab? 4x4? Allison Automatic? What Options?

I ordered a Reese Hitch system from WalMart (cheapest I could find it). I'll see how the trailer tows before getting the dual sway cam control option on the Reese Weight Dist. Hitch. Also ordered interior mud liners from Cabellas and a custom made diamond toolbox from a guy in Salem that will custom make them to your exact truck dimensions and any added custom wants from the buyer (I'm having it made extra large). I ordered extra Baldwin air, oil, and tranny filters from Baldwin dealer. Ordered 3 extra GM and Racor fuel filters for the fuel system. Prodigy brake controller and elect. hookup for 04 GM truck. Will probably do a Rhino lining when it gets here (in Salem).

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've got a 3500 GMC LLY, and this thing is as fast as they come.

Why anyone would want to juice this beast for more power is beyond me. I blew a Hemi Dodge away last week. Slow on the uptake, but when that turbo kicked in it will put you back in the seat...you should have seen the Hemi guy, not too happy.

Beside when Iwas at the dealer gettin the A/C filled up, the boys at the counter were having a good ole time laughing at a guy they were about to tell that his warranty would not cover his tranny because of mods.

Mine is staying as stock as it gets till 36,001

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Master44Mag said:
Good luck on sooner. I ordered January 20th with a build date of March 8th and a delivery date of March 30th. My truck was built on time and showed in transit on the dealer's computer on March 10th. The truck did not show on March 30th. The dealer put a trace on the truck and guess what.... IT IS STILL IN FLINT MI
!!! They "red tagged it (whatever that is good for
) and told me I would have a status update on Monday. I am in Dayton Ohio. Hell, I would love to be able to just go up to Flint and pick it up myself.

Having one "Red tagged" is supposed to expedite shipping. That's too weird you've had those kind of problems, but you'll get a better rebate and I promise it's worth the wait....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Master44Mag- My truck sat at the plant for over two weeks before the dealer got off his duff and had it expedited. Then it arrived two days later. My problem, as I am sure yours is too, is that we live with'in a certain radius of the plant. Because of this our trucks come by carrier rather than train. We have to wait until a carrier is leaving for our area to get them loaded for the ride. Does look like the wait will pay off for you in the new incentives though. BTW....you'll love it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have also heard that dealers who sell more on a normal basis usually get a faster turnaround time on orders. Has anyone else heard this ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Zeeb, Maynard, thanks for the conforting words. I would love to see it show up on Monday
. I have a new TT sitting at the RV dealership that I can't even pick up. BOY, DO I HAVE THE FEVER!!!
. I know I will love the LLY since I borrow my dad's lb7 whenever I have a bit of truck work to do. It is great and the LLY is supposed to be even better!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doug,

I ordered the GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4 SLT leather, onstar, dvd player, nerf bars tow pkg., camper plug, upgraded tires, skid plates, bose sound, xm radio, camper mirrors, spare tire lock, everything I could throw on it. I wanted to order locally, but ended up having some problems with the dealer. I had to take my business up the road a ways.

Send me a contact on the tool box maker in Salem. Is it aluminum? Also who did you buy the Baldwin filters through?

Keep in touch and let me know how you like your rig! I am leaving mine stock also, just wondering what everyone else is doing. Edited by: jdhankins

·
Registered
32 Posts
jd: I noticed you are getting the camper plug. For the $ 15 they charge you, you get extra wire. You will need to buy the actual receptical and the dealer will need to install it for you (that should be free).

I am going to keep my truck stock exept for the Nictane secondary fuel filtration kit I ordered yesterday. It should have all the power I will need.

·
Registered
594 Posts
JD, I will get the custom made bed box (diamond plate aluminum) from Jacobsen Welding, Inc. (Mike Jacobsen) 411 53rd Avenue NW Salem, Or 97304 (503)588-2957. I want an extra large size because on family trips without the trailer I want alot of dry space without doing the canopy or bed cover(cab space occupied by kids).

Baldwin filters (oil, tranny, and air) I ordered through Associated Diesel, Inc. 66 Freeport St. Dorchester, MA 02122 www.adiesel.com You get a discount if you order a box of each (6 filters to a box)

If you are getting a trailer brake keep your eye open for deals. I was about to order the prodigy when I saw a message on this forum, it directed me to a supplier that had the same box for 35% less.

The Stanadyne performance formula I ordered from Oregon Fuel Injection, Inc. www.o-f-i.com I heard somewhere that Stanadynes "lubricity formula" is just as good as the "performance formula" but alot cheaper (I will look into it before my next order).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts