Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Dmax tonight. Can't wait for it to come in!

I have learned a TON from this site and I thank you all for that!

I will have a ton more questions in the near future :)

Anyone want my 1500 Z71?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ahh but the anticpation is half the fun... Alright, maybe only a quarter of the fun.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Fun maybe until it gets close to the "rubber room lock up" stage...

Welcome to the crowd Mike330R.

What did you order? As a general rule, Chevy's come faster than GMC's and it seems like folks ordering Crew Cabs get them faster than those ordering Regular or Extended Cabs.

Barring any unexpected delays, my GMC EC is going to be here at about 10 weeks...... I hope. It is supposed to be built this week...
, but it's not a lock yet.....

Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a Chevy, Crew, short bed 4x4 w/ XM, skid plates, towing package and tire lock. Dark Grey.

Hope mine is faster than 8-10 weeks!

The dealer said he had one ordered truck get taken fr a random smog check. He didn't know where it was for a while and when he got it, it had 60 miles on it :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'll race you !

Let's see who gets their truck first.

I ordered on 1/13/04. Here in Northern CA (SF Bay Area).

Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison EC SB 4x4 SRW

skid plate, dual alternator, winter cover, spare tire lock, 4x4 decal delete

Dark gray metallic/Dark charcoal

·
Registered
266 Posts
i ordered my chevy 2500hd lly/allison EC SB 4x4 LT on 01-08-04 and my dealer is about 40 miles
from pontiac east so well see what the wait will be

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
I ordered a 3500 GMC SRW on 12/16 and got a Targeted Production Week (TPW) of 2/2/04. Subtract a week for the holidays, and it comes to 5 weeks. Add 2 weeks for delivery, and it will come to about 7-8 weeks.

It's getting closer! Now, where did I leave that $40,000 in small unmarked bills? ;)Edited by: McRat

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I ordered my 04 Chevy and 04 GMC and got the Chevy on the lot in 30 days.

No tpw yet on the GMC.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You guys need to contact howard_m18 He is one great guy and can help you track your vehicles progress. He helped me track my truck from the factory to the train (it was cool looking on a map following the trains progress) then when it hit the railyard here I knew before the dealer. Talk to howard.

Steve

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Ordered mine 11-16-01. Rec'vd it 15-05-02. I survived.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ordered my GMC CC DA 4x4 silver Birch sb on 11-25-03, called dealer today they gave me a vin# eng code 2 LLY, truck was built yesterday 1-14-04, How long for delivery from Pontiac to Chicago? delivery is sceduled for 2-13-04. I read this site every night to help supress the wait.

·
Registered
570 Posts
lasergrave said:
Ordered my GMC CC DA 4x4 silver Birch sb on 11-25-03, called dealer today they gave me a vin# eng code 2 LLY, truck was built yesterday 1-14-04, How long for delivery from Pontiac to Chicago? delivery is sceduled for 2-13-04. I read this site every night to help supress the wait.

Lazergrave your ahead of me. I ordered 11-24-03
and only have a TPW for 1-19-04. I called the dealer today to see if I was ahead of the game. He called me back, but didn't find out anything today.

The waiting is like puppy love, always on your mind! Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
479 Posts
I ordered mine Jan 14th 2004... so let's just see how long mine takes!

It's a GMC CC D/A 2500HD

Skid plates, Dual alt's, decal delete, SLT, White & Beige leather, camper mirrors, tow pkg, and LLY!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Lasergrave:

I posted something for you on the other thread about this.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Mike330R said:
Hope mine is faster than 8-10 weeks!

Not to rub it in since I'm in the 9th week, but MINE'S ON A RAILCAR NOW...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Mine was delivered 1 day short of 8 weeks. But, I didn't have any delays waiting for the LLY.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine is at the dealership right now. I'll be taking delivery early next week!!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Guys -

I placed an order for a 2500HD on 9/9/03. Making a long story shorter, I just concluded last week that the dealer was giving me a line of BS (I know, you are all shocked and amazed that a dealer would behave so!) and reordered on 1/07. Sigh.... In the meantime I have a garage full of after-market (4" exhaust looks like stove pipe) waiting for a truck to put it on. I have been spending time lurking on this and other forums, collecting info, resisting buying more stuff, and suffering from a bad case of truckus interuptus.

Lots of great info. Thanks to all for sharing. Can't imagine life before internet!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am happy to join the ordered and waiting club. Ordered a GMC 2500HD D/A on 1/9/04. I fully understand you guys being very anxious, I am too. How soon after your order did you get the SON and TPW numbers? I asked the salesman at the time I ordered and gave them a deposit if there was a order confirmation number, he said no. I had a bad experience with a car salesman once, and now really don't trust them much. This is great to hear other peoples ordering info. I think this is great of Howard too. I am glad to hear there is some numbers I should be getting. I wonder if the dealer even ordered my truck? Oh oH, this waiting is really making me paranoid.I will be waiting for any info from others.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
gottaway,

There is usually only one person at the dealership who orders vehicles. It's done on the computer right at the dealership linked to GM. He'll get a SON before he logs off. If he can't give you the SON (its composed of six capital letters) he hasn't ordered it yet.

GMC's take a little longer than bowties since they only build about 1/3 the number and it took right at four weeks for me to get a TPW.

Part of that was due to the fact that I ordered right after GM started changing all the LB7 orders to LLY. Mine got changed three days after I ordered it, and it was one day after GM accepted the order.

I've posted most of the event codes the dealers get on their VOMS (Vehicle Order Management System) in a couple of different places around here. Once I get my truck, hopefully in the next ten days or so, Diesel Power has agreed to post a list of all of them if I'll get them put together. Then you can check with your dealer every so often and you'll have a better idea of where it's at.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts