Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long did it take the dealer to give you your order number? I ordered a CC GMC Duramax/6spd and I haven't been able to get an order number or build date. I placed the order on 11/25. Kind of bummed waiting on dealer to get me my info. Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like you might be getting jerked around.

My dealer had my order number in two days. I did not know about the build date until I bumped into Howard three weeks later but when I called he had it for me.

Maybe due to your location its taking longer?

Good luck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I THINK IT IS THE START UP OF LLY'S THAT HAS THINGS A LITTLE BACKED UP Edited by: BRUCE

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
kkhamil23 said:
How long did it take the dealer to give you your order number? I ordered a CC GMC Duramax/6spd and I haven't been able to get an order number or build date. I placed the order on 11/25. Kind of bummed waiting on dealer to get me my info. Thanks

You may have quite a wait.....

You ordered after the factory started changing everything to LLY engines. Initially, all the RC's and EC's got changed to the LLY and the TPW's kicked back since the engine was not being built at that time. But the CC's were still being built with the LB7's. No one that I've seen post has any solid info on when that would change to only orders for the LLY engines in the CC's, but the rumor seems to be that it was on or about 11-18-03.

Now here's the kicker, since the LLY's have some more power and they made some minor changes to the Allison to handle that, as of now they aren't offering the LLY with the 6spd since the lower output engine is not yet available. There is a press release from GM here:

http://media.gm.com/division/powertrain/index.html

That talks about "carry over power ratings" for the manual trans. I checked the GMC web site the other night and the LLY with a manual trans was not available. My dealer told me last Saturday that he had tried to order a manual trans truck and the computer wouldn't take it. That may explain the no order number, but maybe not. It took two weeks for me to get an order number. Your dealer can tell you if the factory has accepted the order before he gets an order number, perhaps you should ask him if it's been accepted?

Keep us informed of what you come up with since there are others here who are interested in this particular item, as well as the availability of the SRW trucks.

Edited by: Zeeb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts