Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody purchased the optional two cameras for towing? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and getting them, since our trucks are already set up for them.

·
Administrator
15,934 Posts
Has anybody purchased the optional two cameras for towing? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and getting them, since our trucks are already set up for them.
Check with Crutchfield and talk to one of their sales techs to see if they have an aftermarket alternative. They include OEM harnesses and have great product support

·
Banned
10,146 Posts
I am currently working with a dealer on a purchase of a 2020 and that will be the first accessory I purchase. I'm sure somebody will post sooner, but if not I will let you know when I have them.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diesail, what kind of trailer you got?

·
Banned
10,146 Posts
Diesail, what kind of trailer you got?
I tow a 30 foot boat, the total length of the trailer is about 40 feet. I am wondering how I am going to attach the camera to the back of the trailer. I am figuring that it will have to mount on a pole on the transom in some way and that the lower part of the outboards will be visible. Gonna be interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think my decision will be how long the cable is. My 5th wheel is almost 39'. I was hoping to use the factory camera, vs. the Furion system my trailer came pre-wired for. That means another monitor inside my truck, I really love the factory cameras on the my truck, they offer a great picture.

·
Banned
10,146 Posts
I think my decision will be how long the cable is. My 5th wheel is almost 39'. I was hoping to use the factory camera, vs. the Furion system my trailer came pre-wired for. That means another monitor inside my truck, I really love the factory cameras on the my truck, they offer a great picture.
I have looked at the connector on the factory system, it appears to be just a standard coax cable of sorts. It wouldn't take much to extend it from what I can see.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have looked at the connector on the factory system, it appears to be just a standard coax cable of sorts. It wouldn't take much to extend it from what I can see.
I went to the dealership where I bought my truck and found out the cable for the trailer cameras is 60' in length. I went ahead and ordered them, which are on back order.

Reactions: diesail

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
IIRC, I thought I remembered the maximum trailer length being stated as 38’. Maybe I’m thinking of something else, but that comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BanksLB7Duramax, I read that too, but decided to pull a lever and try it out, especially if it comes with 60' of cable. If for some reason it comes up short, I will return it. I just didn't want to put another monitor and a separate camera on my trailer. The factory cameras on the new truck work so nice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I picked up 'intellihaul' by echomaster (?) thru fleabay, which is the same as GM and was even in a GM logo'd box.
Have not towed yet 39' 5'er but all components were factory fit and used stock wiring. I was skeered to tear apart my new truck so the dealer did the install for me (a few hundred bucks).
Side view works with turn signal, while the rear (in or on back of trlr) is wireless. There is a write up here from HDrolling

1 - 11 of 11 Posts