Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for mere mortals such as myself to change the optic sensor. One person I've talked to has said that they are almost impossible to calibrate without the proper equipment and it is difficult to replace it without damaging the encoder disk. Should I just pull the pump and take it to a shop to have this changed and calibrated?

·
Registered
297 Posts
did mine 3 times before i replaced the ip due to mechanical failure..
just scribe both sides of the sensor, then remove the bolt, and sensorassy very carefully, do not twist, lift streight up. reverse procedure with the new sensor.. i got to the pint i could do em in 30 min..

Vin

Is it possible for mere mortals such as myself to change the optic sensor. One person I've talked to has said that they are almost impossible to calibrate without the proper equipment and it is difficult to replace it without damaging the encoder disk. Should I just pull the pump and take it to a shop to have this changed and calibrated?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I Concur With Bcbogger. If You Call A Diesel Shop They Will Try To Tell You That You Cant Do It Without The Right Equipment. Scribe A Mark And Jerk It Out. You Will Be Fine If You Pay Attention.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
You can also reference back to canadianriggers post regarding the optic bump(do a search), that will show you the basic adjustment of it and pictures of the internals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts