Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta tell ya, I've been using this stuff for about 2 months. I was concerned about the low sulfur fuel lubricity issue and after readings Spicer's fuel lubricant report I thought I'd give it a try. The results are remarkable. Before using it, if I let the truck idle for an extended period, it would run like a gasser with fouled plugs for a little while and puff black smoke on each miss. I thought about replacing the injectors to resolve this as they are original(152k miles). Honest ***** this truck runs like I DID replace them. Starts better too. Try it you will like it!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I am using Opti-Lube XPD as well and I love the stuff! It does all that and also has had a small mileage increase. The most important thing is my CTIME is down from 2.11mS to 1.87mS with the only change being using XPD.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Where to buy?

Thanks,
Louis

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
Stinky!

I too, love the stuff, but be warned, it stinks! Very strong smell.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I am using Opti-Lube XPD as well and I love the stuff! It does all that and also has had a small mileage increase. The most important thing is my CTIME is down from 2.11mS to 1.87mS with the only change being using XPD.

So if it is so good do you still need to use the 2 stroke oil or is it just overkill?

Louis

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I don't think it hurts, but I haven't added any since using the new stuff.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thats some pricey stuff!

·
Registered
481 Posts

What is ctime?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
CTime would be starter crank time,I think !!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
closure time....

·
Registered
21 Posts
CT, CTime, Closure time, is how long it takes the FS armature to move 0.005" to close the valve.

Correction: measured in microseconds not milliseconds as I originally stated.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would be interested in hooking up a scan tech to my truck to figure out what kind of effects different additives (and fuels) have on my ctimes. Since you have a 94 I take it that there is also a scantech that will work on my 95 model?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to seem dumb but someone mentioned 2 cycle oil to the fuel? I have never heard of that. When they went to the new fuel I started using the Lucas fuel treatment do you guys not like that stuff?
Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
8,014 Posts

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
CTIME BTW is fuel solenoid closure time on the IP

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm on the brink of switching to this. I am just running through the last of my Powerservice first them onto XPD, i really didn't think the pricing was that bad and i ordered some of the oil fortifier at the same time and am already running the oil fortifier and i swear my truck already runs quieter because of it! This company is great!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is everybody still happy using XPD? What improvements have you noticed?
Trying to decide between XPD and Schaeffer's diesel treat 2000 #137ULSW. Any info please chime in, and yes I have read the lubricity test from Spicer(thanks). My concern is which is the better all-around additive. Schaeffer's has been in business a long time compared to Centurion(makers of XPD), which started in 1993.
Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
well I never tried shaffers only power servise till xpd ,notice differance first tank ,nice increace in mpg . engine cladder decreace + I think it runs abit smoother ....mpg increase hopfully to offset cost . very happy so far

1 - 20 of 25 Posts