Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a quart of Opti-Lube XL that is almost gone. When I took a peek at the bottom of the white bottle, I could see it was covered in some sort of whitish-yellow gel and lots of black stuff. I called Opti-Lube, no answer.

I took that bottle down to my local diesel truck shop and the guys there scraped it out and said they tested it. They believe its a combination of water, bio-diesel and algae.

I am pissed because I have used this in my truck the last 500 miles. I had some Opti-Lube XPD, so I poured it into a glass bottle and I find the same dang thing! Now I am really mad!

I bought this stuff thinking it was the best.

I did get poor fuel mileage with it die to more regenerations, but now knowing I was adding water and algae to my tank too :wtf:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I bought a 5 gallon bucket a couple of years back, and still have a couple of gallons left. I will check this evening and hopefully will not have the same results as you had. Stay Tuned!!

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I had a quart of Opti-Lube XL that is almost gone. When I took a peek at the bottom of the white bottle, I could see it was covered in some sort of whitish-yellow gel and lots of black stuff. I called Opti-Lube, no answer.

I took that bottle down to my local diesel truck shop and the guys there scraped it out and said they tested it. They believe its a combination of water, bio-diesel and algae.

I am pissed because I have used this in my truck the last 500 miles. I had some Opti-Lube XPD, so I poured it into a glass bottle and I find the same dang thing! Now I am really mad!

I bought this stuff thinking it was the best.

I did get poor fuel mileage with it die to more regenerations, but now knowing I was adding water and algae to my tank too :wtf:

1) welcome to the site
2) you need to use a biocide; many decent brands available. That is the only way you'll rid your system of the onslaught.
3) caveat emptor

·
Bidness is Boomin'!
7,659 Posts
How long was the quart of Opti-Lube sitting around? I'll go through a quart in just a few fillups.
When it sits around, it soaks up moisture just like fuel. Also need to make sure it's properly stored.

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
As dnewton said, welcome to the forum!

Because I'm a long time Opti-Lube user/supporter, I feel they need to answer this. Therefore, I sent them a link to this discussion to see how they respond. :think:

Reactions: callie454

·
Bidness is Boomin'!
7,659 Posts
After seeing that you joined today, made your first and only post shortly after joining, and haven't been back to check on it... I'm wondering whether or not you're trolling.

Also saw that you are copy/pasting this on other sites as your introductory post moments after joining... I find that interesting. :whistle:

·
Gone but not forgotten member
2,580 Posts
I was just going to order a gallon in the next day or so, think I'll wait and buy some more Amsoil conditioner. Used a gallon of Opti-lube last year never thought to look in the jug. I do however have the pint bottle left in the garage and will check it today.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I need a recommendation for a good, commonly available Biocide treatment?

DEWFPO

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I need a recommendation for a good, commonly available Biocide treatment?

DEWFPO

PowerService makes one that I've had great luck with. I use it as a preventative measure, but I've also seen my neighbor have to shock treat his fuel tank and Kubota after water got in the storage; it worked exactly as expected. PS products have done right by me for years. While I would certainly consider other brands, the ease of attainment and cost make it hard for me to bother with anything else. PS can even mail you the product upon purchase (or at least they would a few years ago, when I bought it direct). I typically get it at my local farm supply store.

Other well known brands also have decent biocide products.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
PowerService makes one that I've had great luck with. I use it as a preventative measure, but I've also seen my neighbor have to shock treat his fuel tank and Kubota after water got in the storage; it worked exactly as expected. PS products have done right by me for years. While I would certainly consider other brands, the ease of attainment and cost make it hard for me to bother with anything else. PS can even mail you the product upon purchase (or at least they would a few years ago, when I bought it direct). I typically get it at my local farm supply store.

Other well known brands also have decent biocide products.
Thanks,

DEWFPO

·
Registered
96 Posts
Opti-Lube. C7 is saying OptiLube conducts busniess out of a garage? Is this true? :bounce:

·
Registered
207 Posts
We would like to add that each of our formulas has as many as 12 chemicals. Bio-Diesel is just a small part.

We took samples of all our base chemicals this morning and none of them had any contaminants whatsoever.

There was a point where Opti-Lube was run from a garage when it was under control of another owner. At this point, it is part of Low Range Off-Road and has part of our facility in Utah.

If anyone finds this in the bottom of their containers, please call us for a refund or replacement of product.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
I've used Opti-lube for two years now, go through at least a gallon a year and have never seen any contaminates, but I'll check. Good to see a response and also some background of the company. For what it's worth I like that it stated out in a garage, as many products do.

-Will

Sent from my Z10

Reactions: lik210

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
We would like to add that each of our formulas has as many as 12 chemicals. Bio-Diesel is just a small part.

We took samples of all our base chemicals this morning and none of them had any contaminants whatsoever.

There was a point where Opti-Lube was run from a garage when it was under control of another owner. At this point, it is part of Low Range Off-Road and has part of our facility in Utah.

If anyone finds this in the bottom of their containers, please call us for a refund or replacement of product.
Thanks for responding to this poster's concern so quickly. It's nice to see a company that actually cares about customers concerns. Kudos to you.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Opti-Lube. C7 is saying OptiLube conducts busniess out of a garage? Is this true? :bounce:
answer????

I have been following your product since it first came out. It says opti lube is a division of Low Range Off Road in Utah.

Where is your manufacturing facility located for Opti Lube.
Or do you buy in bulk and re-bottle with your logo ??

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,267 Posts
Can I ask a question, Why do you use bio-diesel as part of your mixture and at what percentage???

I was always lead to believe not to have bio-diesel stand for any length of time because of the risk of algre growth.

Reactions: cruisecontrol1
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.