Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im looking for a good step bar, i had westin on my last truck, i would like to go with that brand again, but i cannot figure out the diffrence (besides price) between there siginature series and platium series step bars...anyone help any tell me what you went with??

Also, what is the diffrence between chrome and polished stainless, which looks better and is better to go with??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok, im looking for a good step bar, i had westin on my last truck, i would like to go with that brand again, but i cannot figure out the diffrence (besides price) between there siginature series and platium series step bars...anyone help any tell me what you went with??

Also, what is the diffrence between chrome and polished stainless, which looks better and is better to go with??[/quote

If you buy them from your dealer they will be covered by the "no rust thru" warranty,i cut a deal with em ,i got the chrome with black grips,i like um!

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Bigrunstepbars.com have them in stainless, and I have had them on my rig for nearly 4 years now...no problems!

·
Registered
89 Posts
SS is the best for no rust

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm a LINE-X dealer.

Westin Platinum Series are stainless steel and Signature Series is mild steel. Stainless steel is significantly more resistant to rust. Chrome has more of a mirror shine than polished stainless steel. But, chrome can develop rust over time. So, what's the best? Get stainless steel. The ONLY brand that sells 100% stainless steel is Nasta, that means not only the bar is stainless, but the mounting bracket, bolts, nuts, and washers are stainless. Westin's mounting hardware is galvanized steel (I believe) which is OK, but if you scratch off the galvanized coating, it will rust. I sell all of this stuff.

·
Registered
826 Posts
OK, well you asked for opinions.

If I were putting anything on my truck they would be Nfab www.nfab.com nerf steps.

I would buy them raw and then have them Line-X coated. No more worries and not too bling.

Just my.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts