Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 LLY w/ ally and have narrowed my tuner choice down to the new style Edge Evolution, Diablosport Predator 2.02 and the Hypertech 3 and /or HyperPac. I want some power and very good everyday driveability, w/o having to build the tranny or limp it. Just looking for something to throw me back in the seat every now and then! I haul very light loads under 3000lbs, just bought a diesel because its in my blood. See what ya guys/gals did here hahaha! Let me know what you think of these tuners and why? If you used any tell me your likes and dislikes also!

Thanks for the help!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I love the Predator 2.02 on 65hp. I only push it at low end, and the take-offs are impressive to say the least. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love my Predator 2.02 on 85hp + Boost stick. Awsome power, and will smoke all 4 285's on the back of my 4 x 4 dually if the occasion should call for it. NO trany limps (knock on wood). Also you can read codes with the Predator.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i have an edge juice with attitude on my 05 and love it. I run mine on level 3 and have had no problems at all. If i rmember correctly an edge evolution will not work on an 05 lly it is for 06 and up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys for all the input, it sounds like the predator is a very popular programmer that has alot of great functions and you guys seem to be happy with it. I heard the engine runs a little noisier with this one compared to other programmers? What ya think? How about EGT's and shifting on the 65/85hp setting?

05white2500hd, I checked into the edge evolution on some truck sites and it sounds like your right about the Evolution, Thanks for bringing that to my attention!!!! It seems to be made mostly for ford p/u's and newer then 05 duramax trucks. Too bad, seems like a great programmer with all the gauges too and the price is right too! I heard many good things about the Edge w/ attitude but a little spendy for me and how do you hide everything from the dealer. The juice is mounted under the hood and the attitude display is on the dash/ pillar or overhead mount? Any issues with that? What levels can you run it too, before it starts to act up on the tranny, EGT's etc.

Thanks for your help again!

·
Registered
148 Posts
i run mine on leval 3. If you had to take your truck into the shop you could always just pull it out or leave the monitor and tell them you use it to monitor your egt. Also look around on the forums you can find a used edge juice with attitude. I got mine off of a member here. Just keep an eye out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't ran other programmers to compare the Predator with, but it is noisier than stock. I have only run the 85 hp tune, and when you first install the tune, the shifting is scary. It took no time at all before the tranny relearned and was shifting as good as stock. EGT's shouldn't be a prob with after market exhaust and down pipe( to replace the kitty).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts