Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what the overall opinion was about the lbz? thinking bout a 07 with the ltz package. will be hauling about 14k lbs.
thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
I love mine, dont tow near that (9k probably tops loaded) but im sure it would do awesome. I dont think you would have any regrets going pre-dpf etc. I dont so far

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
we tow a 11k(loaded) travel trailer with our 2500 and have no probs, moves it fine, tows good. gets about 10-11mpg with that load at 70mph. no complaints!

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
they are good trucks shouldnt have any problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2007 LBZ Classic

Just returned from a trip in the mountions in NM. Pulled my 32ft fifth wheel with my 07 CCDA Dually LT3. The truck worked wonders in the mountions with the tow haul even without the fw. Our trailer weights around 12500 lbs and the truck never new it was back there. Averaged around 11.5 for the 900mile trip with 520 pulling the fw.
SatchMax
Lubboc, TX
2007 CCDA Dually LT3, 4inch catbaxk. Xcat, Edge with moniter, Added nerf bars, BandW hitch with companion fifth wheel/

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's been said before:
LBZ is King
Buy one and I'm sure you will love it as I do.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
My truck tows that up a 10% WINDEY grade every weekend without a hitch. I have a living quarters and three horses and the others have bumper pulls, I stay right with them. They're always commenting on how they can't beleive that; they always say that i'm beating up my truck and Im not at all. I'm using it but not beating on it by any means. Wait till they see this tow tune Trippin' gave me :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Jasondt2001;1992703; said:
My truck tows that up a 10% WINDEY grade every weekend without a hitch.
My LBZ can't do that!!! But with a hitch no problem:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
What's the big deal? I currrently pull a 36' Carriage FW, 18,000 loaded, have been 36000 miles mostly pulling that rig and it does it just fine. Still have a SRW 04.5 LLY, 70,000 miles, that pulls a 32' King of the Road, gross weight on the KOTR is about 17,000.

These are trucks not toys, as you can see in my signature I run stock everything.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I love my DRW LBZ.......I only tow cars and trucks (4-8k) on a wheellift but it never feels a thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts