Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new truck is only 70 miles away at the Railhead just outside of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. It just got there this morning, and their having nasty storms in Minneapolis/St. Paul!! I will be taking delivery early next week, I hope. What are the chances that hail got to my new "baby" today? Under 6 weeks since I ordered. Things are going to well!!!

Troy

·
Registered
320 Posts
Troy

It will be the longest next couple of days in your life, but the wait will be well worth it...........enjoy.

Lets hope that the weather didn't get to your new baby.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I know you want to drive over and look at it don't you!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just wanted to put your mind at ease. No significant hail here in the metro. I'm about 5 miles north of the railyards and we didn't get any hail at all. Enjoy your new truck when it arrives!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Zoggan said:
My new truck is only 70 miles away at the Railhead just outside of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. It just got there this morning, and their having nasty storms in Minneapolis/St. Paul!! I will be taking delivery early next week, I hope. What are the chances that hail got to my new "baby" today? Under 6 weeks since I ordered. Things are going to well!!!

Troy

Troy, I live in Lakeville, ordered the same truck from Apple Valley, mine has been at the rail yard for almost 3 1/2 weeks now. My dealer tells me I can't get delivery because GM won't release it because of a quaility control issue. I ordered mine on 3/2/04. Have you had any problems yet with them telling you this info? I hope you get your truck, but I'm just curious how your getting yours before I get mine when they are at the same rail yard. Thanks in advance

Ryan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kendall69 said:
I know you want to drive over and look at it don't you!
HAHA you read my mind! If knew I could see it I probably would! Dealer told me I will be taking delivery this week. Been just under 6 weeks since ordered.

Hey, thanks for the weather update Mndmax, I appreciate it.

Troy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justified HD, my dealer did not mention anything about a hold on my truck. I suspect that yours is probably on hold because of the injector or water pump concern, both of which I have heard about on this forum. I'm kind of suprised that they don't get it to the dealer so GM can do the inspection. What are they going to do have the factory technicians check them all in the rail yard?

Good luck on getting your new ride home. I feel for you, I really do.

Troy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops, for get my reference to water pumps. I had a "senior moment" LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts