Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a listing of reviews for online gm parts stores? if so, please direct me.

if not, has anybody got an opinion for gmpartsgiant.com? good prices on supposedly genuine gm parts. thanks,

peyton

·
Administrator
16,991 Posts
is there a listing of reviews for online gm parts stores? if so, please direct me.

if not, has anybody got an opinion for gmpartsgiant.com? good prices on supposedly genuine gm parts. thanks,

peyton
GMpartsgiant is a goto for looking up OEM part numbers.
Usually, what I do is look up needed part numbers on those sites then take the OEM numbers and lookup parts prices on other online sites like Rockauto for best pricing

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMpartsgiant is a goto for looking up OEM part numbers.
Usually, what I do is look up needed part numbers on those sites then take the OEM numbers and lookup parts prices on other online sites like Rockauto for best pricing
thanks for the response, that's how i'm currently using it ... to source parts for the front end of my crashed 1999 c2500 suburban. some of the prices are pretty darn good. are their genuine gm parts oem or or they a lesser product for the general public? thanks again for the info.

peyton

·
Administrator
16,991 Posts
thanks for the response, that's how i'm currently using it ... to source parts for the front end of my crashed 1999 c2500 suburban. some of the prices are pretty darn good. are their genuine gm parts oem or or they a lesser product for the general public? thanks again for the info.

peyton
The AC/Delco is the GM brand, recommended first, especially anything electrical for the vehicle.
I've used them quite often and had zero issues

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,908 Posts
RockAuto sells a lot of GM parts labeled as ACDelco.
Just need to make sure you get the OE lines instead of Professional.

But, it also depends on the part needs.
Generally, the one that needs to be ACDelco/GM is the electrical/electronics like sensors, senders, switch.
Other type of parts like oil filter, the ACDelco may not even the best, anymore.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Rock auto doesn't always have everything listed. I got a block heater through them. The GM warehouses were closed by COVID and they delivered it sooner than expected from 5 other vendors. I have no complaints.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The AC/Delco is the GM brand, recommended first, especially anything electrical for the vehicle.
I've used them quite often and had zero issues
Rock auto doesn't always have everything listed. I got a block heater through them. The GM warehouses were closed by COVID and they delivered it sooner than expected from 5 other vendors. I have no complaints.
i've used ac/delco window motors previously with no complaints and i've used rockauto previously for a number of misc smaller things. what i'm wondering about now is the large hard things that i'll be needing: bumper, fender, etc.

some of those parts come in several grades, among which the highest grade seems to be "capa". "oe" or "professional" never seems to apply to them. anybody have knowledge of rockauto grading? i don't mind spending money but don't like to p*** it away. thanks,

peyton

·
Administrator
16,991 Posts
i've used ac/delco window motors previously with no complaints and i've used rockauto previously for a number of misc smaller things. what i'm wondering about now is the large hard things that i'll be needing: bumper, fender, etc.

some of those parts come in several grades, among which the highest grade seems to be "capa". "oe" or "professional" never seems to apply to them. anybody have knowledge of rockauto grading? i don't mind spending money but don't like to p*** it away. thanks,

peyton
CAPA is a non profit org. In Washington D.C that certifies suitability and quality of parts that meet or exceed OEM standards:CAPA Certified Auto Parts
What are CAPA certified car parts, and is it worth the extra cost?

You obviously want OEM first then look for CAPA rated parts if OE is not available

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CAPA is a non profit org. In Washington D.C that certifies suitability and quality of parts that meet or exceed OEM standards:CAPA Certified Auto Parts
What are CAPA certified car parts, and is it worth the extra cost?

You obviously want OEM first then look for CAPA rated parts if OE is not available
thank you, sir, for helping me find my way thru the questions. most of the parts i'm searching for are offered as CAPA rated as well as other ratings. very few seem to be offered as OEM. thanks again,

peyton

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,908 Posts
I can be wrong, but I don't think there are too much (like 0) OE made parts anymore due to age of the truck.
GM don't even made some engine part for this truck anymore like brackets, etc.

CAPA certified will not be perfect but it will at least have the bolt hole in the correct spot.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can be wrong, but I don't think there are too much (like 0) OE made parts anymore due to age of the truck.
GM don't even made some engine part for this truck anymore like brackets, etc.

CAPA certified will not be perfect but it will at least have the bolt hole in the correct spot.
capa it will likely be. don't seem to be able to hope for much more than that these days. thanks,

peyton

·
Registered
496 Posts
NSF no longer certifies parts but if there is new old stock, grab it. NSF stamp is top shelf.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NSF no longer certifies parts but if there is new old stock, grab it. NSF stamp is top shelf.
thanks lingus. i have yet to see nsf certification on any part but i'll keep looking.

peyton

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks lingus. i have yet to see nsf certification on any part but i'll keep looking.

peyton
i lied. since replying i have seen nsf and capa on a number of parts.

ChevroletPartsDirect.com

this is an online store in the houston area (local pickup, no shipping!) ... and for what it's worth, parts are supposedly genuine gm parts . haven't used them but shipping is a killer on large parts ... fenders, bumpers, etc ... so definitely considering it.

peyton

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,908 Posts
If you can find it locally, that is better and with savings too.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Whatever you do don't buy a single thing Dorman. It's trash.

Reactions: Art4med

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, here's another one.

National Autobody Parts Warehouse, Inc. located in dallas and san antonio with some free shipping, in texas, of smaller parts. most of the parts i've looked at online are listed as capa or nsf or both. anybody familiar with them? thanks,

peyton

·
Administrator
16,991 Posts
ok, here's another one.

National Autobody Parts Warehouse, Inc. located in dallas and san antonio with some free shipping, in texas, of smaller parts. most of the parts i've looked at online are listed as capa or nsf or both. anybody familiar with them? thanks,

peyton
There's not much about them listed online. Mostly some facebook reviews and they only give them a 3.7 out of 5
The Better Business Bureau does not list any complaints and they are a non accredited business.

Reactions: 56pan

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
opinions please:

are the oe big parts, fenders for example, worth the $125-$175 difference over capa or nsf certified? i'm not adverse to saving a buck but how do the fits compare? is there a real difference or is it just a crapshoot? i really don't want to look at a misfit every day for the next however many years. thanks,

peyton

1 - 20 of 22 Posts