Registered
611 Posts
Eric,

We want a complete report on that Trans Go Kit

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course, I will likely be a distributer, will get them from TTS and will do installs.. more info to come soon

Eric

·
Registered
93 Posts
dmaxalliTech

Let me know what the costs will be, Grand Rapids MI is only a couple of days away from here.

Cheers

Bear

·
Registered
754 Posts
You Da Man!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
It's great having a forum where when you ask a question you get a helpful answer to your question!Edited by: conradv

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Thanks Eric....

It's people like you that did not hestitate to join and get the good info flowing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have a great site started. I am a member of "The Page" and Rv.net, do get some good info from there, Thanks a ton actually a 3/4 ton for a job well done. Look forward to many post.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree !! This place and the people here are great ! I feel like I am speaking for us all when I say, "thanks for making this site possible".

LETS KEEP IT GOING !!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
dmaxalliTech said:
Of course, I will likely be a distributer, will get them from TTS and will do installs.. more info to come soon

Eric

Eric, good to know. I'd already written you about getting an install done by you. How long do you think you'd need the vehicle once you're set up? I'll see you next weekend, maybe I'll be able to catch you then (like you'll have a second to spare). Good thing yo'ure only a couple hours from me.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Excellent job guys, only thing I see that needs to be done is find Hootie Po more to do, Bet there is bolts left over when he gets his tree lovin truck back together.

Geno

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
It's guys like me that make this place great

Just kidding! I know you other guys have a little to do with it

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Wonder if there is a hat big enough to fit HDs head

GENO

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joe E said:
dmaxalliTech said:

Eric

Eric, good to know. I'd already written you about getting an install done by you. How long do you think you'd need the vehicle once you're set up? I'll see you next weekend, maybe I'll be able to catch you then (like you'll have a second to spare). Good thing yo'ure only a couple hours from me.

Joe, will take less then a day to install.. I figure around 1500 for job with out conv, add another 1100 or so with.. Wiltry to get 1500 to include Transynd and deep pan....

Eric

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
dmaxalliTech said:
geno said:
Wonder if there is a hat big enough to fit HDs head

GENO

I will see if we have something when he comes up for GTG next weekend.. might be a special order

As of right now, it is still a go! I`ll see you in a week or so.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
dmaxalliTech, I am the trans tech at my dealership, I would like to know more about installing the Trans-Go kits at the dealer. How do you warranty them? How did you get the service manager to agree to install the kits? At my dealer they don't want to do anything aftermarket. I think we could make a lot of happy customers if we did. Thanks for any info.

By the way, this is great site. I love the the idea of the Q&A forum.
Edited by: GMCSID

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Welcome aboard Sid

Nice to have as many techs on board as we can...

How does Eric do it ?? I dunno but soon he may be sitting in the front office with a Door plaque with his name on it .....

Mac

You have to figure guys that are upping the power and beefing the tranny must understand you are at your own risk ... I would think all anyone, a place of repair, would do is warranty the work performed .... Dealers are individually owned and can set all kinds of their own policies ... Just my thoughts ...

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sid, We are diving into a niche in the market that is not serviced, Performance Diesels.....at the dealership. Most guys that are considering upgrading there tranny are well aware of the risks involved in doing so, same as those who add power to the engine. As far as warrenty work goes, I am ( and I am sure you are too) familier enough with what makes these slush boxes hum that we would be able to tell for the most part if the kit is causing a concern that warr may frown upon. And to be honest with you, no problems to date with aftermarket stuff. Just be sure to educate your customer on whats going on. If I install something, I am not gonna turn around and tell you, " sorry, cant warrenty that with perfomance mods".. its just not gonna happen.. I service what I sell and will only sell a product that has my confidence, ask any of my customers that and they will tell you. I have put some of them off for a few weeks simply because I wanted to make sure I was installing something that I had confidence in. You have to get your whole dealer involved, as I have, from the owner down to the detailers... Everybody is part of Todd Wenzel Performance. When is the last time anybody heard of a dealer bringing in a Dyno and inviting 600 diesel owners to come buy some performance stuff??? Next Weekend Baby!!! I cant wait.

On a side note sid, Welcome aboard and look forward to any info you can share...

Eric

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Sound like a good plan for GM! They have one of their Dealers set something like this gathering and then they will know who has mods and who don't

1 - 20 of 24 Posts