Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hallo, ich habe ein Problem mit meinem 82 Olds 260 V6 Diesel.

Mein Problem ist, dass wenn ich das Auto starte, es im Leerlauf läuft und nicht ausgeht. Ich kann auch D einlegen, der Motor läuft super weiter, aber wenn ich jetzt beschleunige oder die Drehzahl etwas erhöhe, dreht der Motor kurz hoch und bleibt dann stehen, springt danach aber auch nicht wieder an. Weiter habe ich es nicht versucht. Die Pumpe wurde überprüft und für gut befunden.

( Staff edit for Google Translate)

Hello, I have a problem with my 82 Olds 260 V6 Diesel.

My problem is that when I start the car it idles and won't turn off. I can also engage D, the engine continues to run great, but if I now accelerate or increase the speed a little, the engine revs up briefly and then stops, but then doesn't start again. I didn't try any further. The pump has been checked and found to be good.

Automotive tire Gas Engineering Motor vehicle Nut

·
Administrator
22,667 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,303 Posts
Welcome onboard🍻Looks as though you installed a rebuilt pump recently?Verify that the return fitting on top of the governor cover is clean and free of debris.There is a tiny glass ball inside with a spring that should move freely.If found to be blocked with debris that will shut the engine down.

When the engine stalls and won’t restart do you still have voltage on the wire leading into the shutoff solenoid?Sometimes it’s common for people to mix up the wires on top of the governor cover although one of the wire terminals is supposed to be wider than the other to prevent this from happening.

One other thing to try is disconnect the line or hose on the top return fitting and then retry starting the engine.

Also is the electric lift pump working okay?

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Das Rückschlagventil ist sauber und freigängig, die Vorförderpumpe ist auch in Ordnung, diese wurde auch vor kurzem erneuert. Ich werde demnächst mal probieren ob er wieder anspringt, ich vermute ein hängendes Dosierventil.

(Staff edit for Google translation)

The non-return valve is clean and free to move, the pre-supply pump is also OK, this was also recently renewed. I will soon try whether it starts again, I suspect a hanging dosing valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts